Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Lev Bais Yakov Vs. BYA (Brooklyn)

amother

Post Sun, Sep 06 2009, 4:22 am
I'm wondering if anyone can give me any feedback, as to the positives, negatives, Hashkafa, frumkeit, warmth of Hanhala and teachers, experiences in either of these schools as I have to register DD for Kindergarten for next year soon and Id like to hear feedback on both these schools.

Help- I'm lost!

amother

Post Sun, Sep 06 2009, 10:33 am
No mothers from Brooklyn on here?????

amother

Post Wed, Sep 09 2009, 4:19 pm
I dont get it- Is there not one mother on these boards from BYA or LBY- Help!!!!

amother

Post Wed, Sep 09 2009, 5:13 pm
LBY mom here. I don't think I can be much help. My only DD is in Pre-1a in LBY this year. I love the school so far. Loved her teachers, the curriculum. The preschool director is a DOLL. I thought she had a great year last year. You would have to hear from a mother of older kids to get the whole picture. Good Luck!

YummyMommy

Post Wed, Sep 09 2009, 6:03 pm
Not an LBY nor BYA mom but have heard from mothers that were more yeshivish that LBY was too modern for them. BYA moms I talk to are very happy, but those were moms with kids who were very good acedemically.

amother

Post Sat, Sep 12 2009, 8:48 pm
amother wrote:
LBY mom here. I don't think I can be much help. My only DD is in Pre-1a in LBY this year. I love the school so far. Loved her teachers, the curriculum. The preschool director is a DOLL. I thought she had a great year last year. You would have to hear from a mother of older kids to get the whole picture. Good Luck!

can you tell me how many kids are in a class on lby? I'm looking to enroll my dd in pre 1a next year.

also, do you know if they are supportive of children that need services?

and how much is tuition?

thanks.

amother

Post Sat, Sep 12 2009, 9:16 pm
YummyMommy wrote:
Not an LBY nor BYA mom but have heard from mothers that were more yeshivish that LBY was too modern for them. BYA moms I talk to are very happy, but those were moms with kids who were very good acedemically.

with bya's new english principal (abt 5 years old now...) came a whole new dimension to the school. they have all different types of therapies there-I heard from my friend, whose daughter has a slight speech difficulty, that she goes to speech therapy in bya, during classtime, and it has helped so much... also, they have a good resource room now

I dont know the english principal-I was out of there before she came, but the hebrew principal is phenomenal. she is really warm, especially to the young kids, and everyone feels a kesher to her

amother

Post Thu, Sep 17 2009, 10:21 am
There are many families in my neighborhood who send to both of those schools. I think overall, BYA is more yeshivish then LBY. LBY has smaller classes, like 20 girls per class, and BYA has about 30 (thought for kingderganden they have 20 bec. there are 3 classes and then they combine them). BYA is a much more academic school, and if you send there your DD will get lots of homework, LBY is much less academic, in fact I heard from a few parents who switched out of there, that it is lagging behind academically than the schools that they switched into. Also apparently, LBY has a very good preschool dept. but once they get older, it's not as amazing anymore. There are pros and cons to each school, and you just have to figure out what is best for your DD. Good luck!

amother

Post Thu, Sep 17 2009, 11:16 am
LBY mom here again. There are 20 girls in a class. I'm not sure which therapies they allow in the school, since my dd is not recieving them anymore. I will tell you that she had a medical problem that made things a little difficult for the school and they were VERY helpful and understanding. The tuition I think is less then 6k but I'm not 100% sure, Dh deals with that.

amother

Post Mon, Nov 01 2010, 7:17 pm
Bumping this up for replies. New amother here. I'm looking to change my girls out of bais yaakov of boro park. LBY and BYA are 2 of my options. (Bnos Yisroel was actually my first choice, but there is physically no room for another desk.) What are the hashkofos like in both of these schools? What about accademics?

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Mon, Nov 01 2010, 7:36 pm
re: BYA - my daugher didn't get an interview for kindergarten because very few slots Sad... so can't tell you if there's room even!
but from what I've heard bya is more yeshivish and academic than LBY. My good friend sends to LBY and LOVES it! (pre1a)

amother

Post Mon, Nov 17 2014, 10:48 am
I know this is from a long time ago, so I was wondering if much has changed for these schools.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children