Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
How often do you wash your baby's toys?

allthingsblue

Post Tue, Nov 18 2014, 10:52 am
How often do you wash your baby's toys, and what do you use- hot water, soap, do you sterilize?

I am referring to pacifiers, hand held rattles, etc.
Do you wash it every time it falls on the floor, to you just rinse it...?

Ruchel

Post Tue, Nov 18 2014, 11:01 am
Rinse it. Sometimes.

I never disinfect unless it would have fallen in the toilets or something. It's not healthy.

MaBelleVie

Post Tue, Nov 18 2014, 11:07 am
Hot water, dishwashing soap, vinegar. As needed- when someone steps on it with a shoe, if it fell on the floor in the store, if someone sick handles it, if another baby slobbers on it. I don't mind things being on the floor in my own house unless the floor is especially unclean for some reason.

Miri7

Post Tue, Nov 18 2014, 12:00 pm
For the first few months, I am careful to wash pacifiers, etc frequency in hot water (any time the paci or toy fell on floor, handled by another young child). Once the baby is about 5 or six months, I am less careful, and just wash as the above poster said, when it falls to floor in the store, etc. I just wash in soapy hot water.

But if there is a cold going around or some illness (in our house or the big kids school) then I wash more frequently again.

If we are going to someone else house, then I bring a big blanket to lay on the floor and let baby play on it with her toys. I feel like that keeps them cleaner.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics