Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Can I wear my Marc Jacobs bag in the rain?

amother

Post Sun, Nov 16 2014, 1:33 am
Posting anonymously, because where I live, my bag makes me stand out a little, so I don't want to blow my cover.

Anyway, I recently bought the Marc Jacobs Preppy Nylon bag, and I love it. However, one of the reasons that I bought is was because I always had to switch out of my leather bags when it was raining, so as not to wreck the leather, and I was looking for a really nice-looking bag that I could wear, no matter what the weather (barring blizzards, I guess. When I got the bag, I saw that a) it had a leather handle, and b) it had a whole note about how you shouldn't expose it to wet or rough surfaces, etc. I would like some advice, as to how closely I should be sticking to those instructions. I don't want to wreck my bag, but I would really like to wear it all the time. Does anyone have any experience that would help me?

Thanks!

HonesttoGod

Post Sun, Nov 16 2014, 1:38 am
I am not sure why a bag would make someone stand out..it is a bag!
Anyway, assuming in the rain you have an umbrella I don't see why it should be a problem (but then again I carry my leather bags in rain too...leather more than material if anything).

Worst case it gets a bit wet (how heavy a rain are you going out in for how long), wipe it dry when you get inside.

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Nov 16 2014, 2:59 am
Is it a hobo, or a cross body? When I lived in NYC, I learned to put my cross body on first, and THEN put on my coat. That made it mugger proof, and kept it dry at the same time. Highly recommended way of wearing it!

If it's a hobo or a large tote, try it under your coat, but it may be too bulky. In that case, you may be out of luck in windy weather where the rain could blow under your umbrella.

The other option is to take it to a high quality shoe repair shop and ask them to waterproof it for you.

imaima

Post Sun, Nov 16 2014, 6:42 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
Is it a hobo, or a cross body? When I lived in NYC, I learned to put my cross body on first, and THEN put on my coat. That made it mugger proof, and kept it dry at the same time. Highly recommended way of wearing it!

If it's a hobo or a large tote, try it under your coat, but it may be too bulky. In that case, you may be out of luck in windy weather where the rain could blow under your umbrella.

The other option is to take it to a high quality shoe repair shop and ask them to waterproof it for you.

you don't buy marc jacobs bag to wear it under your coat....

mommyofd1

Post Tue, Nov 18 2014, 9:24 pm
I've seen many people wear them in the rain and it doesn't seem to ruin it, however they usually try to keep it under an umbrella
do you mean this? http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/ma.....22646

iluvy

Post Tue, Nov 18 2014, 11:11 pm
The handle is PVC, not leather.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics