Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Web Browsing History

amother

Post Wed, Nov 19 2014, 1:04 am
This is a stupid question but I'm hoping someone can help me. I have my work emails on my phone through the gmail app. It's a custom domain name through gmail. I also have my personal gmail account. Can my web browsing history or YouTube activity 'link' to my work email account? When I open YouTube on my PC I get suggestions based on what I've watched on my phone. I'm assuming this is because I'm signed into gmail. I don't want my personal YouTube history associated with my work email. Lately I keep the work account signed off and only open it periodically to check. But I would like to keep it signed on. Is anyone familiar with this?

AlwaysThinking

Post Wed, Nov 19 2014, 2:55 am
Yes youtube uses your gmail login - is your work email a gmail address? Usually only one login is actually active at a time. When you go onto youtube you should see which account you are logged into in the upper right hand corner.

cinnamon

Post Wed, Nov 19 2014, 5:39 am
Riff wrote:
Yes youtube uses your gmail login - is your work email a gmail address? Usually only one login is actually active at a time. When you go onto youtube you should see which account you are logged into in the upper right hand corner.

So actually the answer is 'no' as long as you go onto youtube using your personal account and not your work account. Your you tube activities would not be associated with your work account.

BUT I would be careful with this. Google is very good at finding links between accounts and it knows that both your personal account and your work account belong to you and are active on the same phone.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics