Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Girls riding bikes
Previous  1  2

At what age do you discourage your dd to ride a bike in your neighbourhood?
I don't ever allow it  
 0%  [ 0 ]
Till age 6  
 1%  [ 2 ]
Around 6-8  
 0%  [ 1 ]
8-10  
 5%  [ 6 ]
10-11  
 6%  [ 7 ]
 17%  [ 19 ]
13+  
 5%  [ 6 ]
She can ride whenever and wherever she wants. No restrictions  
 61%  [ 66 ]
Total Votes : 107

Ruchel

Post Wed, Nov 19 2014, 11:37 am
Even my friends (some non Jewish, yes!) who didn't do tampons as virgins did bike, horse, gym... as wanted.

amother

Post Wed, Nov 19 2014, 11:39 am
Ruchel wrote:
Even my friends (some non Jewish, yes!) who didn't do tampons as virgins did bike, horse, gym... as wanted.

Hi I rode bikes, horses a lot and used tampons. I went to the OBGYN after my marriage only to find out that my hymen was not (and still is not broken)! Go figure! that's not a reason to not ride a bike. there are poskim who do not allow a woman to spread her feet that way, but honestly I still ride bikes and would let my kids too probably only until age 8 in my neighborhood (chassidic)

Debbie

Post Wed, Nov 19 2014, 11:40 am
morahaviva wrote:
Is this question regarding tznuis only? I ask because I went out with a guy once (ONLY ONCE) who said his daughter would never be allowed to ride a horse or a bike, because it may "damage her inside"... and then she wouldnt be considered a btulah (virgin)....

I take it that said daughter wouldn't be allowed to stretch,dance or go on a trampoline either,all these activities can also break the hymen.
Please excuse me being blunt but maybe someone should tell him that the only way for a woman to loose her virginity is by s-xual relations with a man.

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Nov 19 2014, 12:17 pm
Rivka Imenu rode a camel, and if it's good enough for her, it's good enough by us!

And yeah, what Debbie said. The only thing that makes a woman not a virgin is relations with a man.

amother

Post Wed, Nov 19 2014, 1:58 pm
I'm still puzzled. It's considered not tznuah to ride a bike in daylight in a skirt that covers the knee?
I've never heard this before. (My dd and I wear pants, so this isn't an issue for us.)

It makes me a bit sad. There's nothing like the freedom of riding a bike to a friend's house when there's no one to drive you. I used to bike from home to college when I didn't have a car. And you can't beat the exercise.

One last thought: I can't speak about other neighborhoods, but Brooklyn would be a safer place to get around if more people (women and men) rode bikes instead of driving cars!

MaBelleVie

Post Wed, Nov 19 2014, 2:33 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
Rivka Imenu rode a camel, and if it's good enough for her, it's good enough by us!

And yeah, what Debbie said. The only thing that makes a woman not a virgin is relations with a man.

She rode side saddle Smile
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics