Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Should I buy a stand blender? What do you use it for?

amother

Post Wed, Nov 19 2014, 1:58 pm
I have a pareve immersion blender that I really only use for soup. I also have a pareve food processor.

Im considering buying a stand blender when it will be on sale next week. I would use it for milchig. What can I do with a stand blender besides make smoothies?

If I get a blender I would also buy protein powder to use with smoothies because I know we are not getting enough protein now.

Does it pay to buy a blender and protein power just for smoothies? Can smoothies be made without milk in a food processor?

OOTBubby

Post Wed, Nov 19 2014, 2:15 pm
amother wrote:
I have a pareve immersion blender that I really only use for soup. I also have a pareve food processor.

Im considering buying a stand blender when it will be on sale next week. I would use it for milchig. What can I do with a stand blender besides make smoothies?

If I get a blender I would also buy protein powder to use with smoothies because I know we are not getting enough protein now.

Does it pay to buy a blender and protein power just for smoothies? Can smoothies be made without milk in a food processor?

I use my stand blender every day. It is my most frequently used appliance. I use it to make (milchig) smoothie style iced coffee which I have for breakfast every day. I've tried it with a stick blender, but it doesn't work very well and takes a very long time.

Dolly Welsh

Post Wed, Nov 19 2014, 2:44 pm
I think you should get it for the milk smoothies. I think your family need the protein, butterfat, and trace minerals that are in the milk.

So if smoothies are the thing, around your house, definitely get it.

You can make mayonnaise in a blender. You can make frothy coffees in it.

You can make milk desserts by crushing ice in it.

MaBelleVie

Post Wed, Nov 19 2014, 2:50 pm
We don't drink much cow's milk but I put yogurt in smoothies and it makes them creamy and nutritious. You can also make milkshakes for a special treat, or slushy iced coffees. We also make pareve fruit smoothies in it. That's basically all I use mine for, but it gets enough use that I felt it was worth replacing our broken one with some birthday money I was gifted Smile

greenfire

Post Wed, Nov 19 2014, 3:18 pm
if you're into smoothies - you need a blender

whether you use only fruit or dairy additives - it makes all the difference in the texture

good tip is to freeze the fruit when on sale - helps with the thickness then you don't have to put ice which will potentially water it down
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen