Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Do you have a General Electric double oven?

Raw

Post Tue, Nov 18 2014, 6:06 pm
If so, can you please tell me your opinion of the oven? The specific model I'm looking at is the GE JT3500, to be used for dairy/parve.
TIA

blondebubby

Post Wed, Nov 19 2014, 5:54 am
I have a GE double wall oven. It's two years old. The top oven is always off on temperature. The company said up to a 25 degree variance is acceptable. It isn't to me! especially not for baking.

Also, I find it very difficult to set the Shabbos mode. You have to touch bake and broil or some combination like that at exactly the same second on the same spot. Maybe they've corrected it, because it's really a pain.

curlytop

Post Wed, Nov 19 2014, 6:06 am
Yes I have a double wall oven by ge for about 6 years now. Fairly happy with it. I find that things take a little longer than expected but that's because it's electric not gas. I have no issues with the shabbos mode.

Raw

Post Wed, Nov 19 2014, 6:32 pm
Thanks. Doesn't sound too good...might consider another brand.

farm

Post Wed, Nov 19 2014, 8:52 pm
I have mine for about two months now and am quite happy. My food is hot and yummy on Friday night, I can set each oven to a different temp in order to cook fresh or warm up food on yom tov. My food has been coming out great. Do you have specific questions? I believe GE is considered one of the best available for ovens and my double oven was featured on an extreme home makeover or similar copycat show a few months ago.

curlytop

Post Wed, Nov 19 2014, 9:16 pm
Yes I don't think there are any better ones out there.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen