Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Romantic vacation in the U.S. - Please share

amother

Post Sat, Nov 15 2014, 9:32 pm
Please share what your most romantic vacation was.

Was it at sunset on the beaches of Puerto Rico?
Was it at night at the window of a hotel with a skyline view of NYC?
Was it in a helicopter above the Grand Canyon?
Was it on a cruise to Alaska?

Where did you spend your most romantic vacation? Please mention if you were newlywed (such as your honeymoon) or how many years married.

amother

Post Sat, Nov 15 2014, 9:54 pm
Trip to the Caribbean with our our villa with a private pool - married a few years, went without kids

amother

Post Sat, Nov 15 2014, 10:07 pm
10 year anniversary.

We left the 3 kids at home and we left for 8 days.
We went to Miami for 1.5 days, then took a 4 days cruise to bahamas (SO BEAUTIFUL!), came back to Miami for shabbos and left Sunday.

We had restaurant meals and peanut butter sandwiches (basic pizza and rare steak house)
we did jeeping and just relaxing on the beach in a private cabana.
We enjoyed each others company, remembered what it was like to sleep in and have no responsiblities, we made each other happy and ourselves happy.

amother

Post Sat, Nov 15 2014, 10:10 pm
amother wrote:
Trip to the Caribbean with our our villa with a private pool - married a few years, went without kids

The thread is romantic vacations in the US

amother

Post Sun, Nov 16 2014, 2:08 am
amother wrote:
The thread is romantic vacations in the US

I'm the amother who posted about Miami and the Bahamas.

I've been on multiple vacation to Europe, vacations in the US, The Bahamas, and Hawaii.

I put Hawaii in its own category even though it's in the US because it felt closer to going to a foreign country than the bahamas.

I did not see/use my passport once since the cruise took care of it and it was a cheaper vacation than hawaii.

Many people who go to Caribbean, Bahamas, puerto Rico, and possibly even Mexico (cabo san Lucas) consider them "us" trips since they are destination vacations without the hassle that accompanies an out of country vacation.

amother

Post Sun, Nov 16 2014, 9:18 am
amother wrote:
10 year anniversary.

We left the 3 kids at home and we left for 8 days.
We went to Miami for 1.5 days, then took a 4 days cruise to bahamas (SO BEAUTIFUL!), came back to Miami for shabbos and left Sunday.

We had restaurant meals and peanut butter sandwiches (basic pizza and rare steak house)
we did jeeping and just relaxing on the beach in a private cabana.
We enjoyed each others company, remembered what it was like to sleep in and have no responsiblities, we made each other happy and ourselves happy.

What's that?

amother

Post Sun, Nov 16 2014, 10:12 am
you had the ability to rent (most destination hotels have this too) a gazebo looking thing. Depending on location and amenities offered it could be open or closed on 3 sides. Sometimes comes with a fridge of cold drinks, tv, chairs with a table or just lounge chairs. At one hotel in vegas the hotel was apologetic that they didnt have a good location around the main pool for us, but it was even better, we were by ourselves near a jacuzzi away from all the rest of the guests. It was very private.

google "cabana hotel beach pool" for pics

amother

Post Sun, Nov 16 2014, 10:22 am
amother wrote:
you had the ability to rent (most destination hotels have this too) a gazebo looking thing. Depending on location and amenities offered it could be open or closed on 3 sides. Sometimes comes with a fridge of cold drinks, tv, chairs with a table or just lounge chairs. At one hotel in vegas the hotel was apologetic that they didnt have a good location around the main pool for us, but it was even better, we were by ourselves near a jacuzzi away from all the rest of the guests. It was very private.

google "cabana hotel beach pool" for pics

So it's like a tent that is set up for you near the pool or at the beach. Is it totally private, as in nobody can look in? Or is it private in the sense that it's not public?

amother

Post Sun, Nov 16 2014, 11:10 am
Poconos was nice.
So was private villa in orlando.

Were on a tight budget so we do what we can.

I hope to go to california one day.

amother

Post Sun, Nov 16 2014, 11:43 am
All of our vacations to "romantic" destinations were busts because of unmet expectations. The most romantic dinner we had was for our third anniversary we had just bought our house and my DH cooked dinner and we are out on our deck looking up at the stars.

dancingqueen

Post Sun, Nov 16 2014, 11:51 am
amother wrote:
I'm the amother who posted about Miami and the Bahamas.

I've been on multiple vacation to Europe, vacations in the US, The Bahamas, and Hawaii.

I put Hawaii in its own category even though it's in the US because it felt closer to going to a foreign country than the bahamas.

I did not see/use my passport once since the cruise took care of it and it was a cheaper vacation than hawaii.

Many people who go to Caribbean, Bahamas, puerto Rico, and possibly even Mexico (cabo san Lucas) consider them "us" trips since they are destination vacations without the hassle that accompanies an out of country vacation.

Having been to the carribean and Mexico many times I will say that I don't consider those a US trip since you definitely need a passport and customs yada yada. It is a short flight to ny if that's what you mean.

For a cruise and pr you don't need a passport which is nice.

amother

Post Sun, Nov 16 2014, 12:09 pm
I'm the one who went to the Caribbean. Yes, you need a passport, but it was a direct flight from JFK, about 2.5 hours in the air. Customs was a joke, about 2 minutes total. Certainly much more convenient than people who fly 5+ hours each way to LA, even though it's technically in the US. And considered how many Jews vacation in Florida, this is only a drop farther, for much more beautiful beaches, and much more privacy. If your passport is up to date, it's well worth it.

amother

Post Sun, Nov 16 2014, 12:26 pm
amother wrote:
All of our vacations to "romantic" destinations were busts because of unmet expectations. The most romantic dinner we had was for our third anniversary we had just bought our house and my DH cooked dinner and we are out on our deck looking up at the stars.

I'm the OP. That's exactly why I started this thread. Many times, romantic moments strike us at unexpected times and places. And what you think will be romantic ends up being not much different than what you have at home (minus the kids LOL) So I am not asking for the most elaborate or most sensual or most expensive vacation. I am asking what was for you the most romantic. Looking back at your vacations, which one did you enjoy the most? Thanks everyone who took time to respond.

amother

Post Tue, Nov 18 2014, 10:02 am
bump

amother

Post Tue, Nov 18 2014, 10:10 am
it was basically a "staycation" for 2 days 1 night - took a hotel in downtown Brooklyn, walked around the Fulton mall and over the Brooklyn Bridge, enjoyed the NY skyline, and went out to eat at Pardes. it was romantic bc we both took off work for it and we were able to reconnect w/o kids around. And it didn't break the bank.

amother

Post Tue, Nov 18 2014, 11:51 pm
Our 2 most romantic local getaways were

1) a overnight stay in the poconos cove heaven where we spent the day/night in the shampain glass suite where we had a really really good time as we enjoyed the couples only place, we spent alot of time in the glass and in the private pool, and at day we had a kosher (airplane like) breakfast and went peddle boating in the lake on spot, we had a great time
2) same idea, was our anniversary and we decided to do a quicky without splitting the kids and all the headaches who prevents u from enjoying the vacation so we took a 4 hour mid day stay in loopinn motel in nj, very relaxing, enjoying and cheap, then we went for a romantic dinner in one of the famous restaurants, sounds plain and simple? Maybe, but for us with not too big 'hasuges' this was our best vacations we spent together

ohnuts!

Post Wed, Nov 19 2014, 12:19 am
We went to Caesar's Pocono Palace resort. You can choose from a variety of rooms with a Jacuzzi and/or pool, fireplace etc.... We also had a great time snowmobiling as it was deep in the winter.

amother

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 9:55 am
ohnuts! wrote:
We went to Caesar's Pocono Palace resort. You can choose from a variety of rooms with a Jacuzzi and/or pool, fireplace etc.... We also had a great time snowmobiling as it was deep in the winter.

we also went there during the winter. it was amaaaaaaaaaazing! we were married 5 years.

treetop12

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 10:54 am
DH and I went to Manhattan for a night and two days in the spring. It was great, since we didn't have much travel time and got to spend real quality time together.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics