Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Would u go to israel now?????
1  2  3  4  Next

amother

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 12:02 pm
I have a planned trip to isreal next week due to a family wedding. With all this going on, im paranoid to go and would love to cancel my trip! I'm so confused, and dunno what the right thing to do is. (I'm the real worrier.) I'm scared ill have anxiety every time I step out on the street.

if you were in my situatuion, WHAT WOULD YOU DO?????? (real close family wedding)

amother

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 12:03 pm
Come visit me in Har Nof!

SacN

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 12:06 pm
My parents are coming for a visit next week.

I'm still happy they're coming.

Raisin

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 12:14 pm
I would still go. Of course, bad stuff could happen - the taxi could crash on the way to the airport, the plane might be shot down by russian rebels, or crash, I might catch ebola from a fellow passenger, who knows. Also, there is a very small risk of being caught up in a terrorist incident.

Tova

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 12:14 pm
Yup I would. I have tickets to go in 2 months and I'm looking forward.

Scrabble123

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 12:17 pm
I would definitely go. You are as safe as Hashem wants you to be no matter where you are. On top of that, I'm not sure what you consider especially concerning about the current situation....

MaBelleVie

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 12:18 pm
Yes I definitely would! Be smart and be safe.

quinny

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 12:18 pm
I would go. it may be scary for you but no one is safe anywhere.

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 12:26 pm
Mazel tov. I would go. Maybe find a rebbetzin, etc. to talk to IRL too.

boysrus

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 1:45 pm
amother wrote:
Come visit me in Har Nof!

LIKE!

Hug a million hugs to you.

supermom3

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 1:55 pm
There's always something. Life is going on normal. Please come (BTW the name of the country is spelled Israel - The way you would pronounce it in Hebrew - Yis ra el)

amother

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 2:01 pm
Not really no. I'm very sensitive.

notshanarishona

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 2:02 pm
I would go..except that I am here already.

doctorima

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 2:07 pm
Yes, I would go, you're not just going for vacation, but for a simcha that you'll regret later if you miss out on. Plus, not going is giving in to the terrorists and letting them take over the country. Go support the local economy. Obviously be smart and don't go out by yourself, or at night, or to sketchy locations.

amother

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 2:10 pm
boysrus wrote:
LIKE!

Hug a million hugs to you.

Thanks Sad

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 2:20 pm
YES, I would go. I would move there in a heartbeat if my stupid paperwork wasn't taking so darn long to sort out. (Long story.)

Someone once wrote "I would trade 1,000 nights in the finest palace, to spend one night camped out in the courtyard of the King."

That's how I feel.

balabusta

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 2:26 pm
Rabbi Yossi MIzrachi just gave a shiur yesterday and said no one should go now who is planning to move there. see shiur at Torah Anytime (15:00 min into it). Not saying I agree, just putting it out there.

Elbowmac

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 2:50 pm
I would.

amother

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 2:57 pm
We are making a simcha here in Israel next week, IYH, and BH none of our guests are talking about cancelling. I would be so disappointed if they did. (My parents and ILs are coming in, as well as a bunch of siblings.) Although obviously what is going on is very frightening, as an earlier poster said, the statistical chances of something happening to you cvs are very small.

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 3:01 pm
balabusta wrote:
Rabbi Yossi MIzrachi just gave a shiur yesterday and said no one should go now who is planning to move there. see shiur at Torah Anytime (15:00 min into it). Not saying I agree, just putting it out there.

With all due respect, I don't agree with him. For him, staying where he is may be the right choice for him and his family. The State of Israel does not need anyone who is not committed to the Land.

If he thinks he is safe, let him tell that to the families of all the Jews who were in the World Trade Centers on 9/11. Let him tell it to anyone anywhere in the world who has been the victim of an anti-Semitic attack.

Hashem rules the world, and if it is destined for you to have something happen to you, then there is only so much you can do to reverse that decree (not saying it's impossible, but it's very hard.)

IMHO, we were not put on this planet to live in fear and give concessions to terrorists.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics