Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Where and how do you storage outgrown clothes???

amother

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 10:22 am
I just can't seem to manage outgrown clothes! Where do you storage them? I don't have extra space in my house.

Any helpful tips? TIA

YChannah

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 10:37 am
for childrens, I put them in a clear bin, for mine, if I havent worn in the past year, I toss.

amother

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 10:38 am
YChannah wrote:
for childrens, I put them in a clear bin, for mine, if I havent worn in the past year, I toss.

OP here

I also storage in bins. My question is where do I place the bins?

sky

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 10:50 am
I have the storage bins in crawl space in my attic. Its a pain to get to, and all the boxes have to come out to get out anything not in front, but I only do it twice a year so it is worth the bother.

amother

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 10:53 am
sky wrote:
I have the storage bins in crawl space in my attic. Its a pain to get to, and all the boxes have to come out to get out anything not in front, but I only do it twice a year so it is worth the bother.

Is your attic ventilated? If not, what happens in the summer when the attics really heats up and ruins clothes?

Also, I have 8 boxes of storage! Should I start getting rid?

m+m

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 11:06 am
Someone told me to leave a bar of soap in each box as it will make the clothes smell fresh when you open it again. I would rewash anyways but it takes away that storage smell.

sky

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 11:30 am
amother wrote:
Is your attic ventilated? If not, what happens in the summer when the attics really heats up and ruins clothes?

Also, I have 8 boxes of storage! Should I start getting rid?

Its very open my attic. Its really crawl space on the sides of the bedroom (the house is cape style).
Like if you look at the end the roof doesn't quiet meet the floor for ventilation and I can see outside.
So far my clothing has done okay, I've kept stuff in there for 8 years. but I have things that I haven't looked at in 5 or 6. Hopefully it is still okay.
Why would heat ruin clothing? If it was wet and then hot I can hear it could get moldy. but if it is all dry I would think the heat would be okay. I don't have any expensive clothing in there so if it does get ruined it isn't a huge loss.

I keep saving for babies and toddlers I will definitely reuse everything - I almost never buy in those sizes for second in gender and is a huge savings.
as my kids get older I am not saving as much, especially because they are harder on their clothes and if I don't have any children of the same gender coming up next.

Mama Bear

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 12:06 pm
Space saver bags! THey suck the air out of the bag wuith a vacuum cleaner and it truly saves space.

amother

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 12:18 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
Space saver bags! THey suck the air out of the bag wuith a vacuum cleaner and it truly saves space.

What if you later want to retrieve only 1 item from the bag??
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics