Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Why do I always have this dream?

rainbow dash

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 4:52 pm
Im always dreaming that its 2 hrs before shabbos and nothing is done, im running around stuffing food in the oven and that house is a pigsty.

But the thing is im exactly the opposite. the food is cooked on thu and everything is on the blech 2 hrs before shabbos and the house is clean and kids bathed thu.

Why do I keep on dreaming this? its disturbing me.

TIA

JMM-uc

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 4:54 pm
You're not exactly the opposite, I mean yes you're ready on time so this doesn't happen to you, but why are you ready so early? The fear is there. Makes sense you'd dream that if that's a fear you have.

here2chill

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 4:59 pm
JustMeMyself wrote:
You're not exactly the opposite, I mean yes you're ready on time so this doesn't happen to you, but why are you ready so early? The fear is there. Makes sense you'd dream that if that's a fear you have.

Thumbs Up

rainbow dash

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 5:04 pm
JustMeMyself wrote:

thanks, that does make sense. im ready early cause I still have to clean the kitchen and with 4 kids anything can happen,which it has. BTW I love your avatar.

zaq

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 5:59 pm
It is a "worry" dream. being ready for Shabbat is a major concern of yours, which expresses itself in this way. It has nothing to do with reality and everything to do with your secret fears. This fear is not at all illogical, as fears go.

Of course, it is entirely possible that this is a symbolic dream and has nothing to do with really being ready in time for Shabbat. Perhaps your mind is telling you that you are not ready for something else. Maybe you feel incapable of managing some major life project that you started. maybe you are considering quitting your job or retiring and your mind is telling you not to. maybe you feel that you have not accomplished something or many things you once planned and your mind is telling you that you ought to start doing those things while you still can.

abs

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 6:17 pm
I have this dream all the time too! Except it's after hadlakas neiros and I'm counting down to shkiah!! Like others said, it's what you worry about. I know many women who have this dream about Pesach-they are sitting down to the seder (or almost) and finding Chamets. It's a Jewish Woman's Worry.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics