Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins
Chewy Peppermint Mocha Cookies
Previous  1  2

Yippie

Post Sun, Mar 04 2012, 2:32 pm
I rolled them into flat circles

bananasplit

Post Fri, Sep 28 2012, 11:39 am
These cookies are sooooo good! I make them all the time and everybody loves them! Did anyone try using oil instead of margarine? How did it come out?

Mommastuff

Post Thu, Dec 20 2012, 2:31 pm
sunny90 wrote:
I tried using the israeli white "chocolate" chips to drizzle--big mistake. It didn't. It was too thick. Maybe because it's fake? I think you have to use real white chocolate to do that.
So my MM will look homey as opposed to fancy. Oh well.

can I just add oil/margerine to fake white chips to make it more drippy? will it then harden again as it cools?

gp2.0

Post Fri, Dec 21 2012, 12:45 pm
These are AMAZING! Thanks for posting. Now I realize I also have fake white Choc chips. Think I'll skip the drizzle altogether since the cookies are scrumptious on their own and less sugar is always a good thing. Wink

shiffycc

Post Fri, Dec 21 2012, 4:06 pm
I wonder if you couldn't just combine a few drops of water with confectioners sugar and drizzle that, just for contrast?

ray family

Post Sat, Dec 22 2012, 1:26 pm
bananasplit wrote:
These cookies are sooooo good! I make them all the time and everybody loves them! Did anyone try using oil instead of margarine? How did it come out?

I made them this week with oil. came out great. (never tried w/ margarine, I'm sure they'd taste even more amazing, but these were still delish!)

sky

Post Sat, Dec 22 2012, 6:58 pm
I also made with margarine and they were good.
I added some oil to my chocolate chips and it worked as a drizzle.
I liked them the day I made them but the next day they weren't as fudgy. I had bachrim over Friday night and they didn't go for it so much - but thats okay with me - normally the polish off what I bake - now I had some left for the next day.

Shopmiami49

Post Mon, Dec 24 2012, 12:30 pm
I just made these with mashed avocado in place of marg/oil and they were AMAZING! You can NOT taste the avocado whatsoever and they were yummy and fudgy!

gp2.0

Post Mon, Dec 24 2012, 12:35 pm
Shopmiami49 wrote:
I just made these with mashed avocado in place of marg/oil and they were AMAZING! You can NOT taste the avocado whatsoever and they were yummy and fudgy!

Wow. Now there's an idea...hmm. I made nearly 5 dozen on Friday and they were gone by Sunday evening. Even DH, a simple chocolate chip cookie guy, loved them.

Mine stayed fudgy. Also, these cookies didn't flatten while baking, they stayed in the little ball shapes I formed them into which I also liked and probably added to the fudginess.

zaq

Post Mon, Dec 24 2012, 1:19 pm
This sounds totally, deliciously, delightfully decadent even without the drizzle.

Hashemlovesme

Post Mon, Dec 24 2012, 1:22 pm
Shopmiami49 wrote:

what in the world gave you that idea!?!? Can you do that in other recipes in place of marge? I've only heard of applesauce before.

Shopmiami49

Post Mon, Dec 24 2012, 2:22 pm
Hashemlovesme wrote:
Shopmiami49 wrote:

what in the world gave you that idea!?!? Can you do that in other recipes in place of marge? I've only heard of applesauce before.

Imamother! Where else lol? This is the first time I tried this...no clue how it works in other recipes.

bananasplit

Post Mon, Dec 24 2012, 2:34 pm
How much avocado do you use?

Shopmiami49

Post Mon, Dec 24 2012, 3:25 pm
bananasplit wrote:
How much avocado do you use?

I used exactly a cup - measured just like margarine. I t was about 2.5 smallish avocados.

el2cg

Post Mon, Dec 24 2012, 11:58 pm
Just made them! They are heaven! I ate 5! I got 5 dozen. I diluted the coffee with a bit of water..was I suppose too?

chanchy123

Post Fri, May 03 2013, 7:58 am
I just made these for shabbat and they are amazing. I already ate two. I used oil and they were fudgy and gooey and yummy.
forgot to add the coffee though.

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 2:35 pm
Old thread but I thought I'd post vs. pm'ing OP because it's so good! I've made these for mm and simchos and always get good feedback. I made some now "just because" and want to thank bigsis.
So thanks, bigsis!

lkwdmom2

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 6:31 pm
Should I dissolve the coffee in water or just put in 1 TBS instant coffee powder?

el2cg

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 8:32 pm
I make these all the time. I don't dissolve it.

bigsis144

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 10:01 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
Old thread but I thought I'd post vs. pm'ing OP because it's so good! I've made these for mm and simchos and always get good feedback. I made some now "just because" and want to thank bigsis.
So thanks, bigsis!

Yay! Thanks! Very Happy

I'm so happy that everybody likes these! B'te'avon, y'all!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins