Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Hechsherim in Miami

amother

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 1:51 pm
Hi, we will be going to miami, but my husband is quite fussy about what hechsher he eats especially fleishig.
Anyone know anything about the hechsheirim of the fleishig restaurants there, like grill house, Europa grill,tower 41 etc

amother

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 2:06 pm
Hi. I live in Miami and people who are makpid on hechsherim do not rely on the local hashgacha (km). There have been many issues known to insiders especially over the last few years, so we only eat at places where we know and trust either the owner or the mashgiach.

amother

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 2:14 pm
so km is the hechsher of all the restaurants there?

amother

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 2:20 pm
There are some that are under OK, you can find them on the OK website. Some are also ORB especially closer to broward county.

amother

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 4:22 pm
so really not the type of hechsheirim chasidish oilem eat?
what do all the chasidish people who come on vacation there do?

amother

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 4:41 pm
amother wrote:

They do whatever they do on vacation, which is very different from what they do at home in all regards. I see them eating places they would never eat at in BP or Willy.

minnie mouse

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 5:26 pm
amother wrote:

I take along food.

amother

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 5:29 pm
thats not as exciting anymore, the best part is being served and eating out every night.
and also I am coming from london!!!

amother

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 5:35 pm
Whenever we go out we make sure to ask where the meat comes from, we end up with the meat companies we would take into our house.

amother

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 5:37 pm
amother wrote:
Whenever we go out we make sure to ask where the meat comes from, we end up with the meat companies we would take into our house.

So you're relying on people you don't know? And all you care about is what company the meat is?

amother

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 5:46 pm
amother wrote:

So they would you give you the shchita hechsher of the meat they use?

amother

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 5:47 pm
Op was saying her dh makpid on fleishig...so was trying to bring out that when a person is on vacation in a diff city or country you don't know the bal machshir is, so if the meat originates from reg reliable company you can eat it w/o So much guilt

amother

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 5:49 pm
I went to a restaurant there and asked to speak to the mashgiach. They said he wasn't there but would be there soon. I asked for his phone number and they didn't have it. I asked for his name and they didn't have it. Does it really matter what shchita the meat was?

amother

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 5:50 pm
Lots of food in Miami Is imported from ny, so I would ask what company meat they use.

amother

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 5:52 pm
amother wrote:
Lots of food in Miami Is imported from ny, so I would ask what company meat they use.

op here,
so do u remember which fleishig restaurants you asked that from? and what hashgacha their meat had?

amother

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 7:36 pm
amother wrote:
Hi. I live in Miami and people who are makpid on hechsherim do not rely on the local hashgacha (km). There have been many issues known to insiders especially over the last few years, so we only eat at places where we know and trust either the owner or the mashgiach.

Frum in Miami here, never heard of any problems with KM. What are the issues?

amother

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 11:16 pm
My general rule is that if I see Jews cooking and it's under hashgacha and the Jew tells me it's kosher and a schita that I eat, I eat it. Otherwise, I don't. So far, I have been ok with this, B"H. I have had "non-religious" Israeli employees tell me sometimes (not in Miami, in other places) not to eat there because there are kashrut problems. This does generally limit you to shwarma places. But if you go into a place where there are only non-Jews in the kitchen and there is no mashgiach, I don't care whose hashgacha it is under you are taking a big risk.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics