Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Please help me choose an Ipad

amother

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 2:17 pm
I need an Ipad for work, but I am clueless when it comes to technology, and am overwhelmed by the amount of choices. Can anyone help me? It needs to be Applee, and not refurbished.I really don't want to spend a lot, so not in 500 dollar range. What is the difference between mini and regular? It seems to me that they are just 2 inches different in size? Does it really make a difference or is the mini a good choice? Also, is it worth spending for retina display? Once I'm buying, I would hate to spend money on junk. A link to a specific item would be tremendously appreciated, as well as tips on who has good deals. Thanks in advance.

Raisin

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 5:09 pm
I think an ipad mini is a great choice but it really depends on what you are using it for. they are $250 on amazon for the 16gb one but you might want the 32 or 64 gb.

you might prefer the mini since they are small and light, otherwise they are identical to the big one.

retina display means sharper pictures. Our ipad seems sharp enough without the retina display.

If you want to see the difference go into a shop that sells them and compare.

amother

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 8:47 pm
Thanks Raisin. Can you please explain more specifically what it means "depending on what you're using it for". What kind of use would make one need the bigger one? And how do I know if 16 gb would be enough or if I should get 32? I will be doing mostly billing for work on it, but once I have it I'm sure I'll find other uses.

Raisin

Post Fri, Nov 21 2014, 5:12 am
amother wrote:
Thanks Raisin. Can you please explain more specifically what it means "depending on what you're using it for". What kind of use would make one need the bigger one? And how do I know if 16 gb would be enough or if I should get 32? I will be doing mostly billing for work on it, but once I have it I'm sure I'll find other uses.

well, if you are writing a lot you may prefer a bigger screen. But maybe it doesn't matter. For reading books or browsing the smaller size is absolutely fine. I've never really used my (small) tablet for writing, but its not an ipad its a galaxy and I find it hard to write on it. Its much easier to write on my iphone.

if you are saving a lot of documents and want a lot of apps on the ipad you may need the bigger size, otherwise you will have to keep transferring them or use cloud storage. (eg google docs) You can't add more space to ipads. If you can afford it, get the 32gb. I would spend the money on that rather then on retina display.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics