Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
West Hempstead Info
Previous  1  2

nyer1

Post Fri, Nov 21 2014, 12:09 pm
perquacky wrote:
We have many Ashkenazi minyanim at the various shuls around town and two Chabad minyanim. Some men wear hats to daven. Some men wear kippot srugot. Some women wear sheitels. Some women wear the tiniest hats they can find. We all daven together, the so-called right-wingers and left-wingers. After all, isn't davening pretty much the same wherever you go?
See, that's the nice thing about WH. We don't judge.

yikes. I wasn't asking for you to get judg-ey on me. sorry.

I fall somewhere myself very much IN BETWEEN MO or more RW crowd.. I'm not one, but I'm not the other either. and I like that about my family. but that being said, I wouldn't want to be the only person in my shul to cover my hair fully, and my husband wouldn't feel comfortable being the only guy to wear a hat. we are looking for an out of town minded place where ppl are warm and accepting, but is it so wrong to want a community where there will be enough people with our same hashgafa? that doesn't mean I don't have more modern friends, but I want to make sure my kids wouldn't be the only ones going to a single -gendered school.

I'm simply asking about the shuls, because I'm really actually looking into it, and the only shul I know of so far is the YIWH. can you tell me about the others, as well as where they are located?

perquacky

Post Fri, Nov 21 2014, 12:17 pm
Of course. And I apologize if I came on too strong. There are plenty of people in WH who send their kids to Shulamit and South Shore.

Besides the YIWH, the two largest shuls are Anshei Shalom, which is just a few blocks away, and Eitz Chayim, which is located on the other side of town from the YI and Anshei.

We have a lot of young families moving in. A lot. Most seem to daven at Anshei over the YI. I'm not sure about Eitz Chayim.

My suggestion would be to come for Shabbat. There are several people in town who would be happy to work out housing for you.

nyer1

Post Fri, Nov 21 2014, 12:28 pm
perquacky wrote:
Of course. And I apologize if I came on too strong. There are plenty of people in WH who send their kids to Shulamit and South Shore.

Besides the YIWH, the two largest shuls are Anshei Shalom, which is just a few blocks away, and Eitz Chayim, which is located on the other side of town from the YI and Anshei.

We have a lot of young families moving in. A lot. Most seem to daven at Anshei over the YI. I'm not sure about Eitz Chayim.

My suggestion would be to come for Shabbat. There are several people in town who would be happy to work out housing for you.

no worries. thanks for that info. we would most likely send to those schools so its nice to hear that there are ppl there for us.

ValleyMom

Post Tue, Feb 16 2016, 10:42 am
I'm reopening this older thread...
Curious what the prices of homes are in West Hempstead.
Something in the Eruv- how are the property taxes compared to the five towns?
How far is WH from the Five Towns??

bcimhappy

Post Wed, May 04 2016, 11:28 pm
ValleyMom wrote:
I'm reopening this older thread...
Curious what the prices of homes are in West Hempstead.
Something in the Eruv- how are the property taxes compared to the five towns?
How far is WH from the Five Towns??

Answering this late..
Prices are aprox 400-600 k on average
Taxes can be 10-12 k
25 min away from 5 towns
We have a lot but not nearly as much as bigger communities.. not too many restaurants, playgroups, ect
But I love it we have what we need!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics