Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Son constantly hits at gan

amother

Post Fri, Nov 21 2014, 5:22 am
I'm not sure what to go anymore I tried rewards etc. It works for a day or two and then the teachers complain again. He is 3 and doesn't speak Hebrew so this also upsets him !

chayamiriam

Post Fri, Nov 21 2014, 8:14 am
He must be so so frustrated being in a place where he can't communicate! Maybe, this gan is not for him, maybe try a place where he can communicate, more English speakers. He is only three you need to work on making his surroundings as comfortable as possible so he doesn't feel the need to lash out, even if you have to keep him home if that's a possibility. He is only a baby you can be sure that with time, love and patience he will stop hitting!

FranticFrummie

Post Fri, Nov 21 2014, 12:29 pm
chayamiriam wrote:
He must be so so frustrated being in a place where he can't communicate! Maybe, this gan is not for him, maybe try a place where he can communicate, more English speakers. He is only three you need to work on making his surroundings as comfortable as possible so he doesn't feel the need to lash out, even if you have to keep him home if that's a possibility. He is only a baby you can be sure that with time, love and patience he will stop hitting!

Before I even scrolled down, my very first thought was "communication issues". Hitting is how a child communicates when they can't find the words. He should be in an environment that can understand his needs, especially at this age. IMHO, he's way too young to be in a Hebrew immersion situation.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics