Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Needlework and Sewing
Any quilters out there?
Previous  1  2  3

HooRYou

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 10:44 am
You might want to check out this link on Etty Robinson and her Jewish quilting group.
Crafting Chesed

jkw

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 5:55 pm
Rubber Ducky, I like the log cabin that is one side darker and one side lighter. Can I just get ordinary cotton fabric or should it be something heavier since it will be a pillow?

jkw

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 6:02 pm
The Chesed blog looks great! where's the link to sign up please?

Rubber Ducky

Post Fri, Nov 21 2014, 2:47 pm
jkw wrote:
Rubber Ducky, I like the log cabin that is one side darker and one side lighter. Can I just get ordinary cotton fabric or should it be something heavier since it will be a pillow?

I'd use regular cotton quilting fabric because you're sewing by hand and don't need to make the project harder. Also, you'll find a greater selection in cotton quilting fabrics. Do you have an assortment of material already?

jkw

Post Sun, Nov 23 2014, 8:26 am
what on EARTH is quilting fabric? Can you find me a link? Gee, all these new things to think about!

yo'ma

Post Sun, Nov 23 2014, 10:38 am
jkw wrote:
what on EARTH is quilting fabric? Can you find me a link? Gee, all these new things to think about!

It's 100% cotton fabric of a certain weight. Just google quilting fabric and you should find plenty.

Rubber Ducky

Post Tue, Nov 25 2014, 7:26 pm
Jkw, you may be able to work with fabrics you already have.

I think you can find fat quarters (and lots of bolts of cotton fabric) at Joann's. You can even find quilting fabrics at Walmart.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Needlework and Sewing