Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
How did you find your cleaning lady?

amother

Post Wed, Sep 10 2014, 1:16 pm
How did you find your cleaning lady? I am having a hard time finding one since my friends are all super possesive of theirs and wont give me any names or leads.

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Sep 10 2014, 1:20 pm
I posted on my yishuv yahoo list asking if anyone had a cleaning person with free time. And that was it.
Does your community have a list serve? Thats usually a good way to go about it.

amother

Post Wed, Sep 10 2014, 1:42 pm
Where do you live? We got ours by seeing a Spanish lady walking down the street.
Anonymous because profiling is not PC, but in my neighborhood of you see a Spanish lady in jeans she is the help.

Ruchel

Post Wed, Sep 10 2014, 2:39 pm
I put up an ad in the street

Raisin

Post Wed, Sep 10 2014, 4:37 pm
Where do you live? There are agencys in some places (brooklyn?) that place cleaning ladies.

busydev

Post Wed, Sep 10 2014, 4:42 pm
first I found on taskrabbit.com (tho its changed a bunch since then-only paid her thru the site the first time)
when she moved I called a local agency.

Rutabaga

Post Wed, Sep 10 2014, 5:22 pm
Word of mouth works best. If your friends won't give you the names of their cleaning ladies, then ask if the cleaning ladies have friends who need a job.

I got mine through a cousin, sort of. My cousin's cleaning lady was looking to pick up another day, and I was happy to have some help. It turned out that she couldn't get to me via public transportation and she didn't drive, so she sent her cousin instead. And B"H she did, because this woman is heaven sent. She speaks English, cleans well, shows initiative, is great with kids, and sends a substitute when she can't make it herself! I could not manage without her.

momx6

Post Wed, Sep 10 2014, 6:05 pm
Rutabaga wrote:
Word of mouth works best. If your friends won't give you the names of their cleaning ladies, then ask if the cleaning ladies have friends who need a job.

I got mine through a cousin, sort of. My cousin's cleaning lady was looking to pick up another day, and I was happy to have some help. It turned out that she couldn't get to me via public transportation and she didn't drive, so she sent her cousin instead. And B"H she did, because this woman is heaven sent. She speaks English, cleans well, shows initiative, is great with kids, and sends a substitute when she can't make it herself! I could not manage without her.

Can I please borrow her? I'm desperate for someone like what you described!
Please, pretty please with a cherry on top!

Seriously though, I'm in Flatbush and I need someone for Friday - all day! Someone thorough, that doesn't have to be told every tiny little thing to do!

Rutabaga

Post Wed, Sep 10 2014, 7:08 pm
momx6 wrote:

Seriously though, I'm in Flatbush and I need someone for Friday - all day! Someone thorough, that doesn't have to be told every tiny little thing to do!

Sorry, I don't think she would travel to Brooklyn. I only have her for one morning a week. She's booked the rest of the time already, except for her one day off when she makes appointments and takes care of her own stuff.

Dawling

Post Fri, Sep 19 2014, 7:44 am
Your best bet is word of mouth. Keep asking other neighbors, friends, mothers at the park, etc. Eventually, s/o will give you a lead.
Second best, go with a cleaning company. They pre screen and train their staff, have a reputation to uphold, will send you a replacement if your regular cleaner is a no-show, and guarantee their work. (Note that I said company, not agency. Maybe an agency does all that too.) The down side is that it's more expensive than finding a private cleaner.
I know of a few in EY.

gazingblue

Post Sat, Nov 22 2014, 8:48 pm
momx6 wrote:

Momx6, did you find anyone? I'm also in Flatbush and really need some competent help. You are looking for Friday, I need for Thursday. I would also LOVE to have someone 2 hours/night on some other days.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry