Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Gift idea for Babysitters / Morahs

amother

Post Sat, Nov 22 2014, 10:32 pm
I have a few playgroup morahs and babysitters that I want to get Chanukah presents for. They're all in their 20's-30's with a few young children and pretty yeshivish (don't have internet access so an amazon gift card for example wouldn't work). Price range is preferably a little under $20, for one of them (who went above and beyond), I want to give a little more - maybe 36 or so.

Ideas?

amother

Post Sat, Nov 22 2014, 10:37 pm
If you're in Lakewood the gift card registry is always a great gift idea

seeker

Post Sat, Nov 22 2014, 10:50 pm
If you were thinking of a gift card anyway, you could go with a prepaid Visa gift card instead of Amazon.

Usually with my kids there has always been some collection going around for all the parents to give something together so you don't need to spend too much and still end up with something presentable to give.

I think most teachers in the demographic you describe prefer cash to gifts, but would not be impressed by a $10 cash gift, which is why pooling with other moms is a good idea.

OMG!

Post Sat, Nov 22 2014, 11:49 pm
For my daughters preschool teacher I gave a nice thank you poem with $20 cash inside plus a small body lotion. That was when she left school. But for Chanukah $20 check is also nice

amother

Post Sat, Nov 22 2014, 11:57 pm
I am a Morah.
Any gift is appreciated. so are the nice notes that I get! (wiht or without the gifts)
Most unusual present I received was a fleecy blanket - but I love it, it keeps me so warm in the winter!

Best gifts are things that boost my income! For example cash, or giftcards to somewhere that I anyway shop at, eg Target.
Other great gift I once recieved = a gift from bunch of parents was a giftcard to my favorite restaurant!

amother

Post Mon, Nov 24 2014, 3:51 pm
seeker wrote:
If you were thinking of a gift card anyway, you could go with a prepaid Visa gift card instead of Amazon.

Usually with my kids there has always been some collection going around for all the parents to give something together so you don't need to spend too much and still end up with something presentable to give.

I think most teachers in the demographic you describe prefer cash to gifts, but would not be impressed by a $10 cash gift, which is why pooling with other moms is a good idea.

I wanted to do that, but Visa gift cards have a purchase fee which is a chaval.
My mind draws a blank when I try to think of actual presents.

singleagain

Post Mon, Nov 24 2014, 4:10 pm
amother wrote:
I wanted to do that, but Visa gift cards have a purchase fee which is a chaval.
My mind draws a blank when I try to think of actual presents.

http://www.bankrate.com/financ......aspx <--this website, compares different gift cards, maybe you can find one, without the fees...

kiwi strawberry

Post Mon, Nov 24 2014, 9:27 pm
Where do you live? In Brooklyn and the 5 Towns is Double Header which has so many different things, jewelry, caps, head wraps, etc, and you can definitely get something nice for $20. This way it's a little more personal than a cash gift (which like everyone said is nice too) but then you can get a gift receipt too for them to exchange if they don't like what you picked out.

No affiliation to Double Header here; I just went recently and was just impressed by their selection.

MaBelleVie

Post Mon, Nov 24 2014, 9:33 pm
I usually do target gift cards. I think I saw on the amex site that their usual fees are waived for the holiday season- maybe check that out?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics