Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Dousing for allergies?

amother

Post Sat, Nov 22 2014, 2:35 pm
My baby has had eczema since she was about two months old. She's now 21 months old and still has it. I've tried using different moisturisers but I think it also has to do with allergies. She breaks out in itchy hives when she has milk products and raw eggs (in icecream) so obviously I keep her off these. I want to find out if the eczema is caused by other food (though it's somewhat in the family as well) so I'm thinking of doing dousing. Has anyone tried this? TIA

oliveoil

Post Sat, Nov 22 2014, 6:05 pm
wheat is often an exczma trigger

seeker

Post Sat, Nov 22 2014, 6:59 pm
If you suspect allergies, why not see an allergist? Dowsing is completely unscientific.

Mimisinger

Post Sat, Nov 22 2014, 7:18 pm
What is dousing?

amother

Post Sat, Nov 22 2014, 7:26 pm
allergy testing does not always work for a child thats younger than two...could still be the child has allergies but the results wont show..also,only if the child is really allergic wilI it show ..might very well be that its just a food sensitivity but still causes the excema.The only way to figure this out is either through guessing and trying etc or dousing ,muscle testing etc.

MaBelleVie

Post Sat, Nov 22 2014, 7:30 pm
There are literally thousands (millions?) of kids who have had allergies accurately diagnosed as infants and toddlers. Mild allergies included. Statistically, it is far more accurate than any other form of alternative testing.

amother

Post Sat, Nov 22 2014, 7:41 pm
my baby had horrible eczema all over his body. I took him for testing at an allergist. they did a "prick test" with the special serums and they also did a blood test.

he was found to have an egg and peanut allergy. I completely removed the two from his diet and his eczema cleared up a lot. he still breaks out once in a while, probably because he ingested something he shouldn't have, but it has gotten much much better.

I am not familiar with dousing but I think traditional medicine should be attempted before resorting to alternatives.

OMG!

Post Sat, Nov 22 2014, 11:56 pm
I think you should consider alternative medicine-dousing. I have a very close relative who does health kinesiology and is mostly busy with allergy babies. She finds out all food intolerance and people are really helped. And these people have always been to top allergists and doctors first!! You can pm me for name and info

ElTam

Post Sun, Nov 23 2014, 12:10 am
See a real doctor.

amother

Post Sun, Nov 23 2014, 12:17 am
OMG! wrote:
I think you should consider alternative medicine-dousing. I have a very close relative who does health kinesiology and is mostly busy with allergy babies. She finds out all food intolerance and people are really helped. And these people have always been to top allergists and doctors first!! You can pm me for name and info

but allergist and doctors help loads of people. why go crazy with alternative stuff before trying the regular route first?

OMG!

Post Sun, Nov 23 2014, 12:42 am
amother wrote:
but allergist and doctors help loads of people. why go crazy with alternative stuff before trying the regular route first?

Of course you could try regular route first. But you never go crazy when trying alternative. I think it opens you up to so many new things. And helps you understand your problem. I've heard so many success stories first hand with allergy kids. It's unbelievable. Whatever you chose to try first, I wish you lots of hatzluche.

amother

Post Sun, Nov 23 2014, 12:45 am
It's spelled dowsing and considering its alternative, if you do not know how to spell it, you do not know enough about it to try it before proven, scientific standard medicine. Try an allergist first.

MaBelleVie

Post Sun, Nov 23 2014, 12:53 am
OMG! wrote:
Of course you could try regular route first. But you never go crazy when trying alternative. I think it opens you up to so many new things. And helps you understand your problem. I've heard so many success stories first hand with allergy kids. It's unbelievable. Whatever you chose to try first, I wish you lots of hatzluche.

I'm all for alternative in some cases, but allergies are serious business. So yeah, if you do traditional allergy testing and nothing shows up and you think there may be something, by all means try alternative. But IMO it is irresponsible to go straight to something that does not have research supporting its validity and effectiveness when so much is at stake.

Also, for people who don't have extra money floating around, alternative stuff usually comes out of pocket whereas traditional is generally covered by insurance.

chani8

Post Sun, Nov 23 2014, 3:32 am
At 21 months, testing by an allergist should be pretty straightforward. I googled Dowsing and apparently it's best for severe allergies but not so good identifying sensitivities. An allergy test would show sensitivities.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics