Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Is it ok to drink at holiday party with coworkers?

amother

Post Sun, Nov 23 2014, 6:41 am
my dh works at a small company that is very close and they do a lot of social parties. the coworker who organizes the holiday party gave him a list of kosher wines and told him to choose which one he is able to drink and they would buy it for all of the employees. my dh kept insisting that he doesn't drink and it is fine and they should buy what they like. they kept pressuring him so he told them he will only drink wine that is mevushal and told them what to buy.
now is it halachically ok to drink wine with non-Jews? social drinking is not something that Jews should do with non-Jews and the mingling is already pretty bad.

Heyaaa

Post Sun, Nov 23 2014, 6:48 am
I think that's a question for a Rav. You're going to get so many mixed responses here. I think it's probably wrong but I definitely would while dh definitely wouldn't.

Ruchel

Post Sun, Nov 23 2014, 6:49 am
Maybe next time really say "I don't drink. You knolw the jewish blessings? I do them with grape juice not wine, I get violenty sick or wtv"

yo

Post Sun, Nov 23 2014, 6:51 am
As far as I know drinking with non jews is assur in halacha. I think you should ask your rav as there may be leniencies if it's going to affect his work

nyer1

Post Sun, Nov 23 2014, 7:14 am
I think there are special halachic problems with wine that aren't the same as certain liquors or beer but ask you LOR
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics