Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
South Florida:Meet with director of The Binah School

Chavakaye

Post Sun, Nov 23 2014, 9:03 am
The director of The Binah School will be in South Florida this week to meet with parents considering sending their middle/high school daughter out-of-town. The Binah School is in Sharon, MA, and has a supervised dorm house. This small, heimish, school focuses on experiential learning through a Torah lens bringing together art, technology, and 21st century skills.

I am personally involved with this special school as a teacher and parent and want to help spread the word! Contact: Mrs. Michal Oshman moshaman@thebinahschool.org

amother

Post Sun, Nov 23 2014, 9:16 am
I live in South Florida and may be interested. Dd is now in 10th grade. Please post a typical day schedule. Also interested in ratio of teachers to kids. Is there a guidance counselor/social worker? How may kids currently in the dorm? Is the dorm counselor a married woman with kids? Where do the kids usually go after graduation? College/Sem or combination? Thank you.

Chavakaye

Post Sun, Nov 23 2014, 10:20 am
I encourage you to have a phone conversation with Mrs. Oshman. To answer your questions: The school is only in its 3rd year and student body is still small, so students get a lot of individualized attention. Some grades are combined depending on the level. Currently the dorm has 3 girls and they live in a rented house walking distance to 3 shuls and the school. Students are very active in community service, field research, and solving real-word problems. There is a guidance counselor who is an integral part of the girls experience. While Binah has not yet had a graduated class, the curriculum will prepare them for college and seminary. Based on the current student profile, I imagine they would do a combination. They day goes from 8:00-4:00-5:00 including field trips, service learning, and enrichment. It is hard to convey the innovative nature of The Binah School in this post. Here is the website. http://www.thebinahschool.org/
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics