Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Anyone been to this exhibit? Too Xmas-y?

amother

Post Sun, Nov 23 2014, 12:48 pm
I really want to take the kids to the NY Botnical Gardens Train Exhibit, but dh thinks its going to be all Xmas stuff. Are all the train decked out and carols playing over the loudspeaker etc? Or is it just a few seasonal decorations and the trains are just trains? I think they'd really like it and it would be a nice outing, but want to make sure it won't be all in-your-face Xmas stuff.

doctorima

Post Sun, Nov 23 2014, 1:04 pm
When we were there a few years ago I don't remember the holiday stuff being over the top, and the trains were trains. I have no idea if they've changed it since then.

jade

Post Sun, Nov 23 2014, 1:12 pm
Last time we went, it was 4 years ago, and we've been several times before that. There are some decorations, but fairly minor, and I cannot remember what the music was - it must not have been very obtrusive. The trains and buildings are tiny replicas of famous buildings and landmarks, and various train models. Some of the building replicas have like a tiny wreath on them, and there is a big tree in front of the building where the exhibit is. So, yes, some holiday themed stuff, but we didn't find it over the top.

amother

Post Sun, Nov 23 2014, 1:26 pm
Op here. Thanks. Sounds good to me. I think dh associates trains at this time of year with Polar Express going to Santa's village. And he has a point. But if it's not like that, then great!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics