Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
Looking for OA sponsor

LO

Post Mon, Nov 17 2014, 10:50 am
Hi all,

I am trying to find an OA sponsor for myself. I am in program for over 4 years and my present sponsor can't work with me anymore due to her schedule. I am currently doing the 90 day food plan but am open to change. If you know of anyone who is available, could you please let me know? I live in Lakewood but do not need anyone local. I also do not mind if they are not frum. The main thing I need is a strong program, because my current sponsor did not do the 12 steps with me and I feel like I am really lacking because of it.

Thanks in advance for your help!

LO

Post Tue, Nov 18 2014, 7:00 am
bump. Smile Thanks!

Lady Bug

Post Tue, Nov 18 2014, 8:44 am
Is there anyone in your group who can sponsor you?

LO

Post Tue, Nov 18 2014, 9:08 am
No...it's very hard to find a sponsor here in lakewood. If someone announces at the meeting that they are available, there are 10 people lining up to speak to them after the meeting. Also, there is not such long recovery in the group that I am, I am one of the longest....That's why I am posting here....

ruchelbuckle

Post Mon, Nov 24 2014, 5:49 pm
Hi- since you said that you don't specifically need someone frum or local to Lakewood-- I have a suggestion:
Go to the OA website, and look for phone meetings-- there are seriously close to 20 of them each day- different formats, different times of day,etc....

At some point during the meeting, newcomers will be asked to introduce themselves (not davka new to OA, but new to that meeting). You can say your name and number, and you will get a ton of calls. I did it, and from one meeting, about 6 ladies called me. Also, the meeting leader will ask "please say if you're available for sponsorship...." A number of people said they were available for sponsorship, and gave their number.

Hatzlacha!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics