Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
$250,000 to put to property in Israel

amother

Post Tue, Nov 25 2014, 12:52 pm
We're here in America, can't move to Israel yet but want a "foothold" in Israel, preferably Y"M but not essential. 2-3 bedroom apartment. What can $250,000 cash get us (we can get funding above that I imagine but wouldn't want a large mortgage which would be in addition to our mortgage in our US home. Our US mortgage would be paid off in 10 years). Say $1,000 a month to put to mortgage costs for Israel home. Obviously we will contact professionals, but I'm just starting to dream about this and we're very early stage so wanted the opinions of our knowledgable imamothers. The $250,000 is an unexpected yerusha that we will receive soon and I can't think of a better place to put it even though we are not wealthy.

ROFL

Post Tue, Nov 25 2014, 9:04 pm
Lucky you! This is my dream too! Unfortunately I don't have the money!

amother

Post Tue, Nov 25 2014, 9:09 pm
It can (almost) buy you a 2-3 bedroom in ramat beit shemesh aleph, a very nice anglo and Israeli frum community. I have relatives there and it is beautiful and the properties are only going up in price.
I think a 2-3 bedroom is between 1 -1.8 million. depending on the area, apt, etc.

the way it works in Israel (as far as I know, I might be wrong but this is what I recently heard) you need to put 30-40% of a downpayment.

Yiddishefroi

Post Tue, Nov 25 2014, 10:40 pm
Actually, I live here in the States but am involved in selling properties in Givat Zev. The properties are 9,000 sf, and the building will contain 12 apartments. Selling for 100,000. They are very sought after . If you want to hear more about it let me know. Good luck!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions