Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Corelle for shabbos: yay or nay?
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

BlueRose52

Post Tue, Nov 25 2014, 2:19 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
I actually ate a family who used chargers a little while ago. And there were over 20 people at that shabbos meal!

Just curious, what recipe was used? And how'd they taste?

Chayalle

Post Tue, Nov 25 2014, 2:59 pm
sky wrote:
I'm happy to wash my china. But I cannot see myself also washing a decorative plate that serves no other purpose.
I've really only seen it at fancy catered events, but I do know people that use it when they have guests.

I have the chargers that Barabara pictured. I only use them on Yom Tov, to make it extra special. They take up quite a bit of space per seat, too.

I wipe them down after each meal, and wash them before I put them away. I keep them in a top cabinet that I don't want to access often, anyway.

Chayalle

Post Tue, Nov 25 2014, 3:01 pm
kima wrote:
Another factor against china, in my opinion: Growing up in a house with fancy china, my mother made us kids crazy about handling them. When we washed them, when we cleared off the table, when we put them away. I imagine our lives would have been that much less annoying if she'd had Corelle instead.

If you're the kind of person who stresses out about stuff like that, do yourself and your family a favor, and go with Corelle.

I totally don't stress about the china, and I serve on them even with little kids...what's the point of china for the adults only, if the kids get something else and the table doesn't look dressy?

I find that adults break china just as much as kids do.

CatLady

Post Tue, Nov 25 2014, 3:05 pm
BlueRose52 wrote:

With fava beans and a little chianti, I'm sure they were delicious.

flowerpower

Post Tue, Nov 25 2014, 3:07 pm
I like china much better. I have mine for over a decade and most are still whole. You can always find them for cheap.

Nomad

Post Tue, Nov 25 2014, 3:51 pm
I have the Corelle Boutique Cherish set that you posted and love them. They are beautiful, elegant, light and don't take up too much space. People are shocked that they are Corelle and I love them because I am a huge klutz. Either one of the sets you posted is really nice.

Raisin

Post Tue, Nov 25 2014, 5:08 pm
I like the square ones. But both are nice.

sky

Post Tue, Nov 25 2014, 5:13 pm
Chayalle wrote:
I totally don't stress about the china, and I serve on them even with little kids...what's the point of china for the adults only, if the kids get something else and the table doesn't look dressy?

I find that adults break china just as much as kids do.

I agree. And I find it gives my kids a different attitude at the table if they get adult dishes. I also want my kids to feel they are the important part of the shabbos seuda and I feel giving them grown up dishes does that.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Nov 25 2014, 9:37 pm
BlueRose52 wrote:

whoops! LOL

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Nov 26 2014, 12:16 pm
BlueRose52 wrote:
Oh, I think I've seen it, but never heard it called that. In my mansion, my butler clearly prefers not to use them.

What about your penthouse apartment and island retreat(s)?
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars