Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Stuff mushrooms with ground beef

ruby slippers

Post Wed, Nov 19 2014, 5:09 pm
Anyone have a good recipe for stuffed mushrooms with ground beef- thinking of using it as an appetizer...

ra_mom

Post Wed, Nov 19 2014, 11:15 pm
remove caps from mushrooms and saute under tender around the edges.
separately, saute a mirepoix with the chopped mushroom caps and ground meat. season well. add chopped spinach and breadcrumbs. place one scoop over each mushroom cap.
bake at 450 for 10 minutes.

ruby slippers

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 8:53 am
ra_mom- I think you are Martha Stewart in disguise- you come up with the best ideas- Thanks- any suggestions at to what to plate it with- salad.. rice?

ra_mom

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 5:25 pm
eema1 wrote:
ra_mom- I think you are Martha Stewart in disguise- you come up with the best ideas- Thanks- any suggestions at to what to plate it with- salad.. rice?

Smile
If it's an appetizer I would just serve 2-3 per plate with a bay leaf angled on top of each stuffed mushroom cap.
I think I left out the garlic upthread.

ruby slippers

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 5:44 pm
They look great and smell great- I am sure they will taste great too. thanks again!

IMHopinion

Post Tue, Nov 25 2014, 9:43 am
How was this recipe?
And what's a mirepoix? embarrassed

ruby slippers

Post Tue, Nov 25 2014, 9:51 am
I was not sure what that was either so I sautéed mushrooms and onions and added the spinach and ground beef. Stuffed the mushrooms with that mixture. Instead of baking it I sautéed more onions added onionsoup mix and some water and then place the mushroom caps in the sauté pan(made sure there was enough liquid in the pan to go about 1/3 way up the bottom of the cap, but not touching the meat. While that was going on I made some plain rice. When the mushrooms were done cooking I took the reserved liquid put it on the rice and served the mushrooms on the bed of rice. It was Yum! Hope that helps. Much easier than it sounds. Got the idea from the old standard purple lubavitch cookbook.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Nov 25 2014, 7:14 pm
IMHopinion wrote:
How was this recipe?
And what's a mirepoix? embarrassed
Onion, carrot and celery Smile

Simple1

Post Tue, Nov 25 2014, 7:31 pm
I don't have a recipe, but someone I know would stuff mush rooms with a meatball mixture, cover with tomato sauce and bake till done.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics