Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus
Recipe Recs from Imamother Ckbk?

Grandma 1

Post Sun, Nov 16 2014, 6:31 pm
I had tried to download the Suppers for a Year Ckbk. to my nook tablet, but didn't think I had succeeded - as I'm not a sophisticated tecchie, and this isn't a very sophisticated tablet. But today, lo and behold, I happily discovered it among my downloads! It looks beautiful, and I thank everyone who put in the time and effort. Ideally, I'll download it on my computer, as well, so I can eventually print it out. Truth is, I can't imagine using up so much paper, and ink on this, and wish there was a hard copy available for purchase. Have you creators considered this?
In the meantime, I was hoping that all of you who have tried any of the recipes, would recommend you favorite ones, to help me narrow down what to try first. Thanks so very much!

2gether

Post Mon, Nov 17 2014, 10:09 am
Lets make this a long thread!

No-Rise Homemade Pizza,week 40
Black Bean Burgers,week 20
Both amazing!

thanx to all the editors and whoever submitted!

allthingsblue

Post Mon, Nov 17 2014, 10:16 am
I didn't try any specific recipes yet, but a lot of them gave me ideas.

Such as roasted red potatoes (p 217)- I like the idea of using red potatoes, but I'm not a fan of mayo, so instead I just used other spices.

And since I saw that so many people just bake frozen broccoli, I did that- I spiced it, roasted it, and voila, and instant no fuss side dish!

The recipe I'm itching to try is tilapia in white wine sauce with mashed potatoes, p 59 (but I don't have all the ingredients in my house now)

L25

Post Wed, Nov 26 2014, 12:32 pm
anyone else? I'd also be interested in recommendations.
Also how much is an american container of sour cream- my store has more than one size Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus