Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Requesting and Receiving Orders Via Text

UQT

Post Wed, Nov 26 2014, 8:55 pm
I would like to send to my customers a reminder text to order and then have them text the order back to me. It is a lot of customers, so I was wondering if there is a website that would streamline the process for me. Anyone have an experience with this that they can give recommendations?

chaos

Post Wed, Nov 26 2014, 9:22 pm
Is there a specific reason why the reminders/orders need to be via text? Not everyone texts and even though I text all the time, I would find it annoying to have to place an order by text - ensuring that item number, quantity, payment and shipping information is correct, etc. I would much prefer to receive the reminder and place the order by email. There are email services like MailChimp or Constant Contact for mass mailings.

UQT

Post Wed, Nov 26 2014, 9:34 pm
The people I sell to are mostly on the road. They text me the orders, but they forget a lot so I'm scrambling last minute. I wanted to send them a reminder the day before the truck goes out so they remember to send it to me, otherwise you make a good point:) So if anyone has info on specifically texting I would appreciate it.

sky

Post Wed, Nov 26 2014, 9:58 pm
google 'bulk texting' it looks like there are lots of options

amother

Post Wed, Nov 26 2014, 10:17 pm
I hope you're already doing this but Please make sure you get (written) consent from your customers before sending text messages. I know I would be very annoyed to get unsolicited text messages. Plus, it's a good way to cover yourself from potential legal issues

UQT

Post Wed, Nov 26 2014, 10:41 pm
Wow, see lots of people don't like getting text messages from companies. Not to worry, I service caterers, and since their orders change weekly they need to let me know what they need. This is a much easier way to do it than waiting for their texts and then calling them to remind to send the text. Every person will be able to opt in to the reminder text. I saw a lot of stuff on google but would love to get a personal recommendation.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics