Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Wearing Full Sheitel For First Time

RW

Post Thu, Nov 27 2014, 2:19 am
I have been married for 8 years and have always worn a fall. About a year ago I bought a full sheitel and never wore it. It has been sitting in a box in my closet for a year. Tonight we had a family simcha and decided to finally do something with the sheitel . I went to get it washed, blown an styled. I wore the sheitel to the wedding and barely recognized myself. Is this a matter of just getting used to it? I am so used to wearing a fall. I really hope that I didn't get it washed and styled for nothing. I want to love it but I'm not there yet. Anyone ever have a similar experience?

freidasima

Post Thu, Nov 27 2014, 2:53 am
Yep which is why I usually wear a band fall. I bought the kind that you can pull out bangs if you want but I usually don't and now I bought just bangs which I can add as I always wear a headband anyhow so I can mix and match.

Iymnok

Post Thu, Nov 27 2014, 3:00 am
Try wearing it art home Fri nights to get used to it. Maybe after wearing it, seeing yourself in it and DH seeing it, you'll feel more comfortable.
Also get a wig grip so it feels better.

Ruchel

Post Thu, Nov 27 2014, 6:53 am
It's about getting used to it. First time I wore a fall, omg! then got used.

rachel6543

Post Fri, Nov 28 2014, 4:17 pm
I think it just takes time. When I got married I bought a fall and a full shietel. I wore the headband fall for the first 2 yrs. finally after 2 yrs I began wearing my full sheitel. I felt really weird at first wearing it, but you get used to and have to practice how to wear it and style it to fit you. Now I totally feel comfortable in my full sheitel. I interchange between my full sheitel and fall all the time.

I think what also helps is getting a good sheitel macher or friend who'll spend time and teach you how to wear and style the full sheitel. That really helped me.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels