Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Cosby on parenting

mummiedearest

Post Thu, May 29 2008, 2:29 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjokTfY7LO4

this is part one of three in a lecture bill cosby gave on parenting. I have a lot of respect for bill cosby in general, and I thought those of you who don't mind listening to an intelligent celebrity's point of view would enjoy it.

mimivan

Post Thu, May 29 2008, 4:05 pm
In addition to being very funny, he has a doctorate in education and 5 children of his own, so he knows what he is talking about.

mimivan

Post Thu, May 29 2008, 4:29 pm
I really like th two part segment on natural childbirth..

In the first one, he has a really good bit about talking to G-d...

Part 2:

but I have to say, about this second one, I really hope my husband wasn't thinking this when our baby was born..! (the last comments)

mummiedearest

Post Thu, May 29 2008, 7:13 pm
mimivan wrote:
In addition to being very funny, he has a doctorate in education and 5 children of his own, so he knows what he is talking about.

I'd just like to state that a doctorate in education and five children does NOT a good parent make. I respect his no-nonsense way of speaking about things that SHOULD be common sense.

Mevater

Post Wed, Nov 26 2014, 10:16 pm
*****Please note: I dont mean to mock either of the two Imamothers. Its just sooooo funny how we form impressions and dont know whats going on in real life.

Im sure there are sooooooo many people IRL whom we hold in high esteem now, who are undeserving, and the reverse, people whom we dont hold in high esteem, because we're totally unaware of the good things they do!

Something to think about.

mummiedearest wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjokTfY7LO4

this is part one of three in a lecture bill cosby gave on parenting. I have a lot of respect for bill cosby in general, and I thought those of you who don't mind listening to an intelligent celebrity's point of view would enjoy it.

mimivan wrote:

Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter

debsey

Post Wed, Nov 26 2014, 10:49 pm
I'd be more concerned about the allegations that he's a s-xual predator.........Not someone I'd like to get advice from.

Mevater

Post Wed, Nov 26 2014, 10:59 pm
debsey wrote:
I'd be more concerned about the allegations that he's a s-xual predator.........Not someone I'd like to get advice from.

Exactly! I thought it was obvious, with all the current news about him, that that is specifically the reason I feel hes now unreliable, untrustworthy and very much lacking minimal decency.

Most of us had the opposite opinion of him before the many allegations. Puke

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Nov 27 2014, 10:07 am
With all the talk of new comment buttons, I think there should be some siman that we're opening an ooooolllldddd thread, because I was intrigued that mummiedearest should be moved to share this now Very Happy

mummiedearest

Post Thu, Nov 27 2014, 12:50 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
With all the talk of new comment buttons, I think there should be some siman that we're opening an ooooolllldddd thread, because I was intrigued that mummiedearest should be moved to share this now Very Happy

wow, I forgot about this thread.

I should say that I will continue to watch the cosby show, and I will continue to consider him intelligent. he very obviously is an intelligent man, and his characters in the various cosby shows were admirable characters. I would not have posted this clip now, and I actually don't remember what he says in it. I'll have to watch it again.

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Nov 27 2014, 5:14 pm
mummiedearest wrote:
wow, I forgot about this thread.

I should say that I will continue to watch the cosby show, and I will continue to consider him intelligent. he very obviously is an intelligent man, and his characters in the various cosby shows were admirable characters. I would not have posted this clip now, and I actually don't remember what he says in it. I'll have to watch it again.

I haven't seen the clip either but I have heard him say this, his mother's parenting MO, if you will: "I brought you into this world and I can take you out."
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics