Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Help me make a list of what I need.

Tzutzie

Post Wed, Nov 26 2014, 5:11 pm
We are moving from a temporary apartment to another temporary (possibly might not be so temporary) apartment.

We are currently living in an apartment that is FULLY furnished by my Landlord. including W/D, Beds, Dressers, tables, chairs, oven, gas range, fridge/freezer. Even the window shades were here when we moved in.

The only furniture we own here is an old second hand bookcase which we probably won't take along as it won't survive the move Smile and a Crib for our toddler.

I am trying to make a list of stuff we need to buy now that we are moving.

we are planing on living in that apartment for a year only (but it might end up as a permanent) and therefore we are looking to furnish it with the bare minimum. If we do end up moving after a year, we will either sell them individually, give them away or hopefully the next tenant will buy it all off.

Here is my list so far.

We have a crib for the baby.

we need

Beds in Master Bedroom
Dresser & Night table (there are only hanging closets in the bedrooms
Kitchen Table and Chairs
Refrigerator/Freezer combo
Oven/Gas Range combo
Washer & Drier (might do stack-able)
Shower Curtain
Window shades for all windows B"H there are quiet a few. till now we only had two Smile
Coaches for living room
Bookcase

What else is there that we need?

We might still be moving before the first of next month and I need to move FAST!

Thanks a LOT ladies!

questioner

Post Wed, Nov 26 2014, 5:18 pm
Something for toys.
Hooks, towel bars, shower thingy for shampoo etc. always seem to be needed

Are you sure the apartment doesn't come with a refrigerator and oven? I've never heard of the tennant supplying major appliances like that.

amother

Post Wed, Nov 26 2014, 6:09 pm
Coffee table. End tables.

Garbage cans (kitchen, bathroom), shower curtain. I put toys in $.97 walmart laundry baskets. Buy a laundry basket.

I just furnished my partially-furnished temporary apartment from Craigslist, Walmart and the dollar store. We just put mattresses on the floor, we didn't buy beds. We got dressers and a high chair off craigslist, a table someone in the building was throwing away, baskets, garbage cans, etc from the dollar store, towels and dishes from walmart, flatware off ebay, pans off walmart, pots from the thrift store and walmart, a water filter off ebay, table linens from walmart, mattress from walmart and the 2nd was given to us. Bath mats from walmart, shower curtain from ebay, wall art in the bathrooms from Dollar Tree, chairs were given to us, bookcases off craigslist. A lamp from Family Dollar, some others were given to us, stick on hooks for keys, etc, from Dollar Tree, washcloths, dishtowels from the dollar store and walmart, a vacuum was given to us, cooking utensils from walmart and dollar store, tablecloths from walmart, drinking glasses from walmart, picture frames from the thrift store, flower arrangements and vases I made from the dollar store, stick on wall art from Ebay. A window scarf from Amazon. The couches came with the place, they were ugly but clean, I covered one with blankets and doilies and the other I ordered pillow cases for $1.50 from china on Ebay and it's covered. My total cost was about $550-$600 and it's a really nice, King-sized mattress.

Hope this helps.

Tzutzie

Post Wed, Nov 26 2014, 6:16 pm
questioner wrote:
Something for toys.

Are you sure the apartment doesn't come with a refrigerator and oven? I've never heard of the tennant supplying major appliances like that.

Thanks Questioner! We do have a shower caddie. Will put it on my list to make sure to take it along.

Noted about towel bar. Totally missed that. thanks.

As for the appliances, most apartments I've seen didn't have appliances.

Tzutzie

Post Wed, Nov 26 2014, 7:01 pm
amother wrote:
Coffee table. End tables.

Garbage cans (kitchen, bathroom), shower curtain. I put toys in $.97 walmart laundry baskets. Buy a laundry basket.

I just furnished my partially-furnished temporary apartment from Craigslist, Walmart and the dollar store. We just put mattresses on the floor, we didn't buy beds. We got dressers and a high chair off craigslist, a table someone in the building was throwing away, baskets, garbage cans, etc from the dollar store, towels and dishes from walmart, flatware off ebay, pans off walmart, pots from the thrift store and walmart, a water filter off ebay, table linens from walmart, mattress from walmart and the 2nd was given to us. Bath mats from walmart, shower curtain from ebay, wall art in the bathrooms from Dollar Tree, chairs were given to us, bookcases off craigslist. A lamp from Family Dollar, some others were given to us, stick on hooks for keys, etc, from Dollar Tree, washcloths, dishtowels from the dollar store and walmart, a vacuum was given to us, cooking utensils from walmart and dollar store, tablecloths from walmart, drinking glasses from walmart, picture frames from the thrift store, flower arrangements and vases I made from the dollar store, stick on wall art from Ebay. A window scarf from Amazon. The couches came with the place, they were ugly but clean, I covered one with blankets and doilies and the other I ordered pillow cases for $1.50 from china on Ebay and it's covered. My total cost was about $550-$600 and it's a really nice, King-sized mattress.

Hope this helps.

It sure does help!

Thanks for taking the time to list it all.

Hmmm..... Now lets see what I have and what I need.

See I didn't even know how many things I DO own Smile

I have a garbage can for the kitchen (toilet/bathroom in this apartment is right around the kitchen so no separate garbage. I'll need one for the new apartment.

I have high chair for the toddler and a box for toys which is way to small and is falling apart.
Dresser and Night Table I just spoke to sister, she's probably buying a new set so I can have her old set that my grandma still brought from out of country w/her and sister got it after she died Smile. It's really nice and in almost brand new condition. Really modern design and I'm super exited!!

I have pots and pans and cutlery and all that stuff. towels, bathmats..... all that I give.

I do need table cloths. the table here is a semicircle (I think this is a custom table for this tiny apt SmileSmile ) and the table cloth I made before I got married is custom for this teeny tiny table.

and Laundry baskets. Here I've been using pop-ups so that it can be folded away and won't take up my breathing space. Smile. but they are ANNOYING. constantly tipping over.

so the list I'll take off from here is.

Table Cloths
Laundry Baskets
Garbage Cans for Bathroom and other rooms
A lamp
a large basket for the toys.

thanks again!

2gether

Post Thu, Nov 27 2014, 8:17 am
no rush!
move in and settle down then you'll see what's missing and what you realy need,
nothing's running away, nothing's urgent,
if you have beds and a table the rest can wait.

mazal555

Post Fri, Nov 28 2014, 8:08 am
Tzutzie wrote:
It sure does help!

Thanks for taking the time to list it all.

Hmmm..... Now lets see what I have and what I need.

See I didn't even know how many things I DO own Smile

I have a garbage can for the kitchen (toilet/bathroom in this apartment is right around the kitchen so no separate garbage. I'll need one for the new apartment.

I have high chair for the toddler and a box for toys which is way to small and is falling apart.
Dresser and Night Table I just spoke to sister, she's probably buying a new set so I can have her old set that my grandma still brought from out of country w/her and sister got it after she died Smile. It's really nice and in almost brand new condition. Really modern design and I'm super exited!!

I have pots and pans and cutlery and all that stuff. towels, bathmats..... all that I give.

I do need table cloths. the table here is a semicircle (I think this is a custom table for this tiny apt SmileSmile ) and the table cloth I made before I got married is custom for this teeny tiny table.

and Laundry baskets. Here I've been using pop-ups so that it can be folded away and won't take up my breathing space. Smile. but they are ANNOYING. constantly tipping over.

so the list I'll take off from here is.

Table Cloths
Laundry Baskets
Garbage Cans for Bathroom and other rooms
A lamp
a large basket for the toys.

thanks again!

NP. Do you have sheets? Dishes. Baking pans, mixing bowls, blankets, pillows?

mazal555

Post Fri, Nov 28 2014, 8:08 am
questioner wrote:
Something for toys.

In Israel the tenant brings the appliances, usually.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating