Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Booster seats

amother

Post Fri, Nov 28 2014, 11:39 am
I'm no ultra-fanatic regarding my kids' safety so please don't advise me if that is how you feel, I need practical advice.

My son will be 4 soon, and almost 40 lbs (I'm assuming he will be 40 by his birthday--he's almost there) he currently uses a 3-in-1carseat-booster. My younger son will also be 40lbs soon, and will outgrow his current car seat. Therefore I felt that in honorof his birthday we will get the older one a new booster seat so we can put his current one away for a little while until my younger son needs it.

If I had the money I would simply get him another of the same one b/c it's a 3-in-1 and can convert from a 5pt harness to a backless booster, but I need to be frugal right now. Do I really need a highback or a 5-pt harness for him?

I had been hoping that I could get him a backless boostern that can be used for carpooling next year. Is this really a bad idea?

MaBelleVie

Post Fri, Nov 28 2014, 11:48 am
Yes, at minimum you need a high back. The graco turbobooster is on sale for $30 now on amazon.

Eta it converts to backless too

miami85

Post Fri, Nov 28 2014, 11:51 am
MaBelleVie wrote:
Yes, at minimum you need a high back. The graco turbobooster is on sale for $30 now on amazon.

What is your reasoning for this?

bookie

Post Fri, Nov 28 2014, 11:53 am
I am not a fanatic at all. However, I agree that you need one with a back. First of all it's more comfortable for the child especially for long car rides. It's also a lot safer. I have the one on sale now my second child is using it and I'm thinking of buying it for my parents car.

MaBelleVie

Post Fri, Nov 28 2014, 11:54 am
miami85 wrote:
What is your reasoning for this?

A backless booster is extremely unlikely to provide a safe belt fit for such a small child.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers