Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Which keurig would you recommend?

amother

Post Thu, Nov 27 2014, 6:24 pm
hi.
My dh bday is coming up soon and I know he would really like a keurig. We are both big coffee drinkers so it would def come to use...

Which keurig model do you have and/or would recommend?
I def want one that is able to work with the my k cup filter so I don't always have to use the k cups..

Also if decently reasonable I would love something that could also make cappuccinos etc. but its not a must

Im looking to spend up to 150 and figured I can get the most bang for my buck now between black Friday and cyber Monday..

TIA

amother

Post Thu, Nov 27 2014, 8:39 pm
bump

watergirl

Post Thu, Nov 27 2014, 8:51 pm
My husband actually told me today that he just read that the k cups are soon to not be under hashgacha. Maybe check that out first.

ettilou

Post Thu, Nov 27 2014, 9:02 pm
See just bought the 550 2.0 and we love it. I can't believe they would take away the hashgacha from all the Kcups. That is a major marketing tool. Its like to know the source. of that rumor. I do believe they are phading out the VUE so perhaps that's what the previous poster's husband meant. With all the money they just put into the 2.0. I believe kosher Kcups are here for the long term..just mho.

ettilou

Post Thu, Nov 27 2014, 9:03 pm
See just bought the 550 2.0 and we love it. I can't believe they would take away the hashgacha from all the Kcups. That is a major marketing tool. Its like to know the source. of that rumor. I do believe they are phading out the VUE so perhaps that's what the previous poster's husband meant. With all the money they just put into the 2.0. I believe kosher Kcups are here for the long term..just mho.

amother

Post Fri, Nov 28 2014, 9:51 am
ettilou wrote:

What are the features of this one that made you choose it over the others?
Also is it hard to find kosher k cups for this newer model?

anonymom

Post Fri, Nov 28 2014, 10:10 am
I think I just read a headline that at first scared me. It sounded like k cups are no longer ou. But when I read the article, it sounded like they are just not putting the ou on individual cups but the ou will still be on the box.

egam

Post Fri, Nov 28 2014, 11:39 am
anonymom wrote:
I think I just read a headline that at first scared me. It sounded like k cups are no longer ou. But when I read the article, it sounded like they are just not putting the ou on individual cups but the ou will still be on the box.

Yes They are still kosher. But the hechsher is only on the box. I already bought them. It doesn't make a difference for the home use, but is annoying outside the house.

amother

Post Fri, Nov 28 2014, 11:42 am
So".. BAck to the original question, which keurig do you have and would you recommend it?

ettilou

Post Fri, Nov 28 2014, 12:19 pm
Here are the features we like. The large water tank the various choices of sizes you can choose for your drink. The prob to have only got water dispense without a coffee taste like pie lady machine had. Also the way this machine breed the Kcups really does make for a richer more flavorful cup of coffee...no joke. Both my husband and I used to use the smaller cup option on our old keurig...now we actually increase the cup to brew10ounces. Also the custom er service is amazing.

cookiejar

Post Sat, Nov 29 2014, 8:05 pm
your best bet is look on amazon, you will see all the reviews for the different models and can compare apples to apples... there are too many different ones to cover on here.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics