Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Am I the only one with a mountain of clothes?

amother

Post Sun, Nov 30 2014, 3:41 am
My DH claims that I'm the only person he knows with a mountain of laundry in the bedroom.
I know its not true and he doesn't believe me.I've told him that when I make a load my machine can take 12 kg and so after 2 or 3 loads it looks like a lot.My cleaning lady folds it for me cause I don't have time for that.
Please help me explain to him that M not the only one with a laundry mountain.
Cause he works by other people he is probably comparing me to them.

TIA

Dina_B613

Post Sun, Nov 30 2014, 3:46 am
I have 3 mountains of laundry in my bedroom.... literally. I am sooo worried they will tumble down at some point and bury me in the rubble.

amother

Post Sun, Nov 30 2014, 4:00 am
1) you married me, not any other woman. Please don't compare us.

2) why does your laundry have to be a mountain in the bedroom? I keep my unfolded laundry in a closer in laundry bags. It's not in the way like that, and out of sight. He may be happier with such a set up.

amother

Post Sun, Nov 30 2014, 4:16 am
They are in washing baskets on the floor at the end of the bed,all neat not all over the floor. I don't have space in the bathroom for that.

DrMom

Post Sun, Nov 30 2014, 5:01 am
Maybe you (or he) can commit to folding at least one 12-kg load each week, to reduce the mess.

Sometimes we fold laundry together at the end of the day after the kids have gone to sleep. We talk while folding... whistle while you work. Whistling

kalsee

Post Sun, Nov 30 2014, 5:37 am
keep it out of sight somewhere.

saw50st8

Post Sun, Nov 30 2014, 6:40 am
Yes to laundry piles. I once told my friend I was embarrassed out the size of mine and she told me about the size of hers.

It's totally normal.

Raisin

Post Sun, Nov 30 2014, 6:45 am
yes. But I try and wash everything motzei shabbos and sunday and fold it on monday morning. So its only sitting around for one day. I also try and keep my bedroom very tidy so washing baskets go other places - kids rooms, hallway, laundry room.

amother

Post Sun, Nov 30 2014, 7:28 am
DrMom wrote:
Maybe you (or he) can commit to folding at least one 12-kg load each week, to reduce the mess.

Sometimes we fold laundry together at the end of the day after the kids have gone to sleep. We talk while folding... whistle while you work. Whistling

he did suggest that if I fold the towels and sheets the mountain wont like so big.

Ruchel

Post Sun, Nov 30 2014, 7:32 am
Serious?
Well, we have laundry drying in living room, kids room...

seeker

Post Sun, Nov 30 2014, 11:30 am
I do not understand this kvetchy husband business. If my DH has any complaints about the way I housekeep, I invite him to take care of the problem himself. I can't say this has done anything marvelous for my housekeeping OR shalom bayis, but it keeps me from getting all depressed about the DH's complaints. Next time he tells you "But the Cohens don't have laundry mountains" just say "Wow, Mr. Cohen must have done a good job on the folding last night."

But yes plenty of people have mountains even worse than yours. If he objects to the bedroom mountains perhaps offer to transfer them to the living room. Twisted Evil

amother

Post Sun, Nov 30 2014, 11:38 am
Lol about kvetchy husbands. I keep my laundry on the mister's bed... so I have a motivation to get it done.

Nevertheless, the motivation often doesn't overpower reality, and it stay there. He has learned to transfer the pile from his bed to the dresser, or the basket... and he even knows not to mess up the folded piles!!

Amazing what they can learn.

I think he ought to be grateful it's clean and dry because some poor people in third world countries don't have even that.

If he insists on comparing, let him compare himself to those less fortunate.

piegirl

Post Sun, Nov 30 2014, 1:22 pm
I have a laundry crib. I have an extra crib that all clean laundry goes into and I got do dependent on it that when I had a baby I got a new crib so I coup keep my laundry crib

chatouli

Post Sun, Nov 30 2014, 1:44 pm
If I knew how, I'd take a picture of the piles we have right now and upload it. I bet you'd look like a hero to your DH.

abs

Post Sun, Nov 30 2014, 1:51 pm
I have friends that don't even fold the laundry. Just a small basket for each kid and she separates the laundry and hands it to each of them! (I'm pretty sure they fold the linens/towels and the adults' stuff, but that is still WAY less to do).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry