Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Children's Place vs. Carters

amother

Post Sun, Nov 30 2014, 11:56 am
Trying to decide where to order from (online). Which one is better quality for the price? Which one would you say is overall cheaper. Also, how is the sizing?

happy chick

Post Sun, Nov 30 2014, 12:01 pm
both are pretty true to size.

childrens place is cheaper, but lesser quality. childrens place may have cuter stuff, carters has more practical and better qualtiy

MaBelleVie

Post Sun, Nov 30 2014, 12:02 pm
IME carters is better quality. Also the sizing is consistent and true to size, whereas children's place tends to vary depending on the item. Carters started making cuter lines recently, I noticed. Neither will have the latest looks if that's what you care about.

Last edited by MaBelleVie on Sun, Nov 30 2014, 12:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

ra_mom

Post Sun, Nov 30 2014, 12:03 pm
amother wrote:
Trying to decide where to order from (online). Which one is better quality for the price? Which one would you say is overall cheaper. Also, how is the sizing?

If depends what sort of garments you are looking to buy.
Please be specific.
In general though, carter's items are loose and boxy and don't fit as nicely. But their slim fit cotton sleepers are way better quality and fit than the children's place ones. Also their onsies.
For panties and undershirts children's place is way better and can't compare to carter's.
For infant clothing children's place fit really nicely and carters just fit in all the wrong places.
Really depends.

MaBelleVie

Post Sun, Nov 30 2014, 12:05 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Please be specific.
In general though, carter's items are loose and boxy and don't fit as nicely. But their slim fit cotton sleepers are way better quality and fit than the children's place ones. Also their onsies.
For panties and undershirts children's place is way better and can't compare to carter's.
For infant clothing children's place fit really nicely and carters just fit in all the wrong places.
Really depends.

It's so funny to ready this, because my experience has been the exact opposite Smile maybe it depends how your kids are built?

amother

Post Sun, Nov 30 2014, 12:06 pm
OP here. I am looking to buy almost all the "basics" which would be undershirts (I only like onsies), pants, stretchies, sweaters, pajamas and maybe a dress or two...

dancingqueen

Post Sun, Nov 30 2014, 12:07 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Please be specific.
Really depends.

See I totally had a different experience. For my babies the infant carters stuff fit better and imo way better quality than cp. for older kids cp does have some cuter stuff but still not amazing quality imo. So I think it depends on the kid and age.

Last edited by dancingqueen on Sun, Nov 30 2014, 12:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

happy chick

Post Sun, Nov 30 2014, 12:08 pm
I would personally go with carters. def on the undershirts and pj's. much better quality

amother

Post Sun, Nov 30 2014, 12:08 pm
I liked Carters better, cheaper too.
sizing is age appropriate,
but I have a big 8 mon. and he's wearing 18-24, from all brands.

Children's place has nice stuff for girlies but not for boys,(very sportsy)

seeker

Post Sun, Nov 30 2014, 1:49 pm
Children's Place is usually cheaper but Carter's has some pretty good sales right now with free shipping and possibly coupon codes you can combine, so it's likely you'll come out about even. Carter's quality is not what it used to be IME but neither is Children's Place so Carter's still comes out ahead for most things. Gymboree tops them both for quality, is also usually more expensive, but also should have some kind of sale going on now. Their cotton pajamas were much less flimsy feeling than either of the others and fit well, they are the only ones I am confident will pass on to second daughter in nice condition.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Nov 30 2014, 1:51 pm
MaBelleVie wrote:
It's so funny to ready this, because my experience has been the exact opposite Smile maybe it depends how your kids are built?

Maybe? So odd!
Could it be a gender difference?
Did you really have a good experience with children's place cotton sleepers? They are as thin as paper and tear.
Did you really have a good experience with carter's girls undies and camisole undershirts? The undies have an elastic band which make them mighty uncomfortable and useless. The undershirts are not camisoles which means that they peek out of tops.

amother

Post Sun, Nov 30 2014, 2:12 pm
seeker wrote:
Children's Place is usually cheaper but Carter's has some pretty good sales right now with free shipping and possibly coupon codes you can combine, so it's likely you'll come out about even. Carter's quality is not what it used to be IME but neither is Children's Place so Carter's still comes out ahead for most things. Gymboree tops them both for quality, is also usually more expensive, but also should have some kind of sale going on now. Their cotton pajamas were much less flimsy feeling than either of the others and fit well, they are the only ones I am confident will pass on to second daughter in nice condition.

OP here. Where did you see a code for free shipping? I didn't see one on the site. I only saw at CP site.

seeker

Post Sun, Nov 30 2014, 2:14 pm
I don't remember, a few friends posted it on FB, could be over but I thought it was current... maybe check kosheronabudget that's my main source, she is really good at getting the lowdown on deals.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics