Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Odor coming from sewer in basement - what to do?

amother

Post Sun, Nov 30 2014, 3:18 pm
Whenever we do a load of laundry, we have a terrible odor coming from the sewer near the washing machine. This started about three months ago, when there was flooding in Michigan. We got all the mold out of our basement...we also bought a new clothes washer at the time because our washer was broken from all the flooding. Can the odor be coming from the sewer or can it be from the wash tub which is also next to the washing machine. If it is from the sewer, would it help to pour bleach or ammonia down the drain. We don't want to do anything that will damage the sewer pipes. We also cannot afford to call a plumber unless we pinpoint where the odor is coming from and know whom to call. Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks so much!

whimsy

Post Sun, Nov 30 2014, 4:09 pm
pour dilated bleach down the drain

esther malka

Post Sun, Nov 30 2014, 5:06 pm
Yes. It happens to me once in a while. I pour some mr clean or other all purpose good smelling cleaner and follow with a 1/2-1 bucket of hot water.
Good luck!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry