Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Ticket to Ride board game
1  2  Next

Amelia Bedelia

Post Thu, Nov 27 2014, 9:07 pm
It has five star reviews on Amazon, and is at an all-time low at both Amazon and Target. Is it really so great? And can it be played on Shabbos?

STovah

Post Thu, Nov 27 2014, 9:11 pm
It really is so great and it can be played on shabbos. My kids can spend hours playing it (ages six and up or so). Definitely worth every penny, I've even bought an expansion pack for mine.

belovedaz

Post Thu, Nov 27 2014, 9:50 pm
really is a great game! used to play it with my siblings of all ages Friday night after the meal during the winter before I got married and everyone enjoyed

treetop12

Post Thu, Nov 27 2014, 10:21 pm
My kids like it as well. DH and I have played with them as well and we were entertained for hours. The kids play it by themselves and it keeps them busy for a long time. Definitely recommend!

imamazing

Post Thu, Nov 27 2014, 11:22 pm
I know its for ages 6 and up, I have children ages 6 and 7, could they play this on their own or is it more for older kids?

UQT

Post Thu, Nov 27 2014, 11:50 pm
I think it's complicated to get started, but they should get the hang of it. My kids absolutely love this game!

Laughing Bag!

Post Thu, Nov 27 2014, 11:55 pm
This game is a 5* game. My sister has it. I remember playing it as a girl with her and her kids for hours of fun and enjoyment. I still want to get it one day when my kids are older.
I don't think 6-7year old can play it by themselves at least not until they get the hang of it. However its a really fun game for adults as well.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sat, Nov 29 2014, 6:46 pm
Ticket to Ride vs. Settlers of Catan??? http://kollelbudget.com/barnes.....2-02/

How do they compare?

ruchelbuckle

Post Sat, Nov 29 2014, 10:28 pm
Another thumbs up for ticket to ride. I heard about Settlers of Catan, but it seemed more complicated at the time I was going to buy.
If you can only buy one, get Ticket to Ride-- its more versatile-- younger kids can play it too (one of my kids learned when he was in pre1a)

LittleDucky

Post Sun, Nov 30 2014, 1:44 am
Both are amazing games... Different styles but both make you think which is great in a game!

melalyse

Post Sun, Nov 30 2014, 9:50 pm
I just checked this game out on amazon and there are a bunch of them. Is there one that is the original or better than others?

Tries2BGoodMom

Post Thu, Dec 22 2016, 3:27 pm
Bumping this up. Is this game possible to play on Shabbos? Thinking about getting it for Chanukah for my kids. Thank you.

cnc

Post Thu, Dec 22 2016, 3:29 pm
TriesToBePerfectMom wrote:
Bumping this up. Is this game possible to play on Shabbos? Thinking about getting it for Chanukah for my kids. Thank you.

A PP wrote that it can be played on Shabbos..

purple 1

Post Thu, Dec 22 2016, 3:30 pm
It's a great game! We all love it! You can play it on shabbos

sky

Post Thu, Dec 22 2016, 6:05 pm
Great shabbos game, no money, no writing, easy score tracking, no puzzle pieces (like catan). Its a great game.

Raisin

Post Thu, Dec 22 2016, 6:14 pm
yes, great game. We have also settlers of catan and that is pretty complicated and for older kids. My 8 year old loves ticket to ride. (and my toddler loves the trains!! Rolling Eyes )

LisaS

Post Fri, Dec 23 2016, 2:50 am
Does anyone know whether I can purchase Ticket to Ride in Israel?

Raisin

Post Fri, Dec 23 2016, 5:45 am
LisaS wrote:

does amazon deliver to Israel at a reasonable price? (One of the european based amazons - amazon.co.uk or france or germany)

rzab

Post Fri, Dec 23 2016, 6:22 am
LisaS wrote:

I saw it today in red pirate in beit shemesh for 199. I think that's a huge discount bc I saw it in bazaar Strauss and another store for 250

m in Israel

Post Fri, Dec 23 2016, 6:45 am
Settlers of Catan is a bit more complicated and requires a bit more strategy IMO than Ticket to Ride. Both are great games but I think Ticket to Ride is easier for younger kids to catch on to more quickly. Older ones might prefer the complexity of Catan, although older kids (and adults) can easily enjoy both. My husband and I have played it ourselves without the kids, too!

Both games are readily available in Israel in toy stores and this time of year probably in discount stores, too. Both games are fine for Shabbos play -- no money or writing involved.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars