Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed
Tehilim and kidney (blood type 0) needed for 1 yr old boy

amother

Post Thu, Feb 27 2014, 6:45 pm
WE NEED YOUR HELP!
Moshe Hillel is the one-year-old boy.
He is an adorable child who suffers from kidney failure .
He is in desperate need of a kidney transplant immediately- in order to save his life.

WE DO NOT HAVE A MOMENT TO LOSE!
WE MUST G-D WILLING FIND A DONOR ASAP!
We are racing against the clock to beezras Hashem save his life.
The clock is ticking very loudly!

With this life saving surgery Hillel can beezras Hashem live a long, happy, healthy productive life.

It is not often that one has an opportunity to save someone's life & today YOU have that very special opportunity to do so.

Kidney donor criteria:

IF YOU ARE :
Healthy , Blood type O , under the age of 40

HAVE NO HISTORY OF:
Hypertension, high blood pressure,diabetes, cancer, heart or Lung disease, Hepatitis B or C or HIV

Please respond by E-mail today to: kilyaone@gmail.com and someone will be in touch with you regarding testing.

please and thank you!!!

www.uofmmedicalcenterlivingdonor.org.

greenfire

Post Thu, Feb 27 2014, 6:55 pm
may he find a donor asap ~ refuah shelaima !!!

amother

Post Thu, Feb 27 2014, 7:01 pm
I'm chalishing to donate a kidney . I wonder if anyone can answer my question.

How can a young mother of little kids donate a kidney?
Is it fair to the family?
I had hepatitis A as a 6 yr old. Can I still donate?

Thanks

Btw, I'm O+. A universal donor. Very Happy

amother

Post Thu, Feb 27 2014, 7:09 pm
amother wrote:

Thanks

It's probably not best for a young mother to do it. And I don't think your eligible if you had hepatitis ever.

amother

Post Thu, Feb 27 2014, 7:13 pm
Can I give blood though? Rolling Eyes

amother

Post Thu, Feb 27 2014, 7:16 pm
I don't really have the answers to your questions but the first thing I would do, is sign up in the registry. DH once started the process to become a donor for someone and was not a match. It can take a while for the whole thing to take off, so getting started as soon as possible is the best thing you can do.
renewal is a frum organization which assists people who need kidneys, and kidney donors. Im sure they will have the answers to your questions.

http://www.life-renewal.org/

this little boy is in the last stage of kidney failure. IY'H your children will NEVER need a kidney, and if C'V's lo aleinu, they ever did, we can only hope and pray that H' would reward you for your chesed in donating a kidney to someone else by guarding your own childrens lives.

amother

Post Thu, Feb 27 2014, 7:20 pm
I heard that someone who donated a kidney goes in top of the list if they c"v need a kidney.

amother
Violet

Post Thu, Feb 27 2014, 7:29 pm
What is his tehillim name???

Last edited by amother on Thu, Aug 20 2020, 11:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother

Post Thu, Feb 27 2014, 7:34 pm
sorry, its Moshe Hillel b-n Masha.

amother

Post Thu, Feb 27 2014, 7:45 pm
amother wrote:
I heard that someone who donated a kidney goes in top of the list if they c"v need a kidney.

I believe that to be true but you still require finding a donor. I also believe that young women of child bearing age should not be donating. The thing that scares me the most is what if my own kid ch"v needs it one day and I don't have any more to spare? But honestly, being responsible, I think the only way child bearing women should be donating is if their own family member needs it. I know it sounds callus and I feel terrible for this child and his family but pregnancies are a stress on our bodies and we shouldn't be giving up spare parts.

the world's best mom

Post Fri, Feb 28 2014, 4:03 am
This poor boy and poor family! While of course there are risks to donating, they are small- people don't need kidney transplants very often. Donating one is Hatzalas Nefashos- this poor child can't live much longer without it. I would ask a Rav before advising people not to save a life.

My blood type isn't O, so I can't help out here.

amother

Post Fri, Feb 28 2014, 6:30 am
If I had blood type O, I would have already at least signed up on the registry to see if its shaich, and I am a young mother. If you saw this yummy little 1 yr old boy, blond hair, big eyes, pacifier in his mouth, I don't think you would refuse his right to live if you could help.

Also not everyone is a match for their own child! this bloys parents aren't, so if your child did c'v's need a kidney, you might not be the donor.

amother

Post Fri, Feb 28 2014, 6:40 am
like the fb page and spread the word!!!!

https://www.facebook.com/KidneyForHillel

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Mon, Mar 03 2014, 12:13 pm
amother wrote:
sorry, its Moshe Hillel b-n Masha.

Her name is Masha Gittel according to the FB page https://www.facebook.com/KidneyForHillel

An incredible young family who has done so much for teens at risk. We are davening for Hillel.

MaBelleVie

Post Wed, Mar 05 2014, 1:37 pm
amother wrote:

Thanks

I'm bumping this important thread, and also wanted to answer this amothers questions.

The criteria specifically excluded hep b and c, not a. You may be eligible! It would be such a tremendous chesed. As for being a mother of young children, I see it almost as choosing to have another baby. Pregnancy and childbirth definitely make your kids "lose out" to an extent, but the tradeoff is so worth it. I don't think this is much more involved, and the end result is a Jewish neshama brought back to life.

Those who don't feel comfortable shouldn't feel pressured. But please don't discourage others from the mitzvah of saving a life. Yes, that's what organ donation is... Saving a life!

Thia little boy is so sweet and beautiful, and it breaks my heart to imagine the suffering he and his family are going through.

Let's try to help him find a match!

amother

Post Wed, Mar 05 2014, 6:12 pm
from their fb page

Chava 'le
I don't know Hillel or his family, but as a privileged (and proud!) kidney donor, I am willing and able to speak to anyone who has questions or concerns about kidney donation.
And no, I did not know my recipient before donating.

Golbersteins: May Hillel find his match speedily!

so- if you have questions or concerns you should fb message her!!

amother

Post Wed, Mar 12 2014, 6:41 pm
Bumping this.

Please continue to spread the word. May he have a refuah shleima!!
Everyone go on the fb page for Hillel Golberstein needs a kidney and look at this yummy little boy. Share with everyone you know.

amother

Post Tue, Dec 02 2014, 8:40 am
Just updating this. Hillel never did find a matching donor. As per their facebook page, they underwent some disappointments recently and are still looking for a donor, blood type O. If you would like more information, please follow his facebook page and spread the word for a donor.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed