Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Anyone researched Wireless All in One Inkjet Printers?

Mevater

Post Tue, Dec 02 2014, 11:13 am
Looking for a relatively inexpensive All in One Inkjet Printers thats Wireless.

Im seeing printers that are highly rated on Amazon, and not that highly rated on Consumer Reports, Cnet, and other sites.

What have you be happy with? Id like something for about $100 with good cust serv, and decent ink cartridge cost.

TIA

MaBelleVie

Post Tue, Dec 02 2014, 11:57 am
In general the cost of ink is what will do you in. A couple of replacement cartridges and you can cover the cost of a new printer.

doctorima

Post Tue, Dec 02 2014, 3:55 pm
We have a Brother all-in-one wireless that we've been quite happy with. You can set an alert on SlickDeals to have an email sent to you whenever a good deal comes up with whatever key words you put in. Otherwise, check the circulars for Staples, or Dans Deals archives, to see what you can find in your price range.

Sanguine

Post Tue, Dec 02 2014, 4:46 pm
We have a HP desket advantage. When you buy a color printer, the ink later costs you a fortune. Make sure your printer uses separate cartridges for each color. Some models have all 3 colors together on one cartridge. Then when you use up all the blue you have to replace the whole thing even though there's still lots of red. Canon used to have an ad with a box of assorted chocolates and some missing and the papers crumbled (like you ate them). The ad said - Do you throw out the whole box of chocolates just cause all the chocolate covered cherries are gone?

Mevater

Post Tue, Dec 02 2014, 8:33 pm
Thanks! I ordered the HP Photosmart 7520 Wireless Color Photo Printer. Im hoping it will be ok bec it was the top rated inkjet printer on Consumer Reports.

It was not top rated on any of the selling websites, I wonder about that. Every website (Bestbuy, Amazon, Staples, TigerDirect, etc) it was among the top, but each website has different "top rated" printers.

I wonder how reliable Consumer Reports is relative to lets say Amazon. Whose ratings would you trust more?

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Dec 02 2014, 9:25 pm
I got a Canon Pixma since that has individual color cartridges you can refill vs an entire color or black one at a time. I also was looking for something with Linux compatibility, so my search range was somewhat smaller....but since you picked one, I hope it works well for you!

sky

Post Tue, Dec 02 2014, 9:28 pm
I buy off brand cartridges on Amazon. They are significantly cheaper and I don't think twice when using ink. I haven't had a problem.

I think it voids the printer warranty. But I figure the amount I've saved over the past 4 years has paid for more then one printer.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Dec 02 2014, 10:11 pm
I buy off brand on eBay -- gotta compare prices with amazon now Wink

miami85

Post Tue, Dec 02 2014, 10:16 pm
I know you bought one, but I love my Epson Workforce 3540 all-in-one printer, I also get cheap cartridges from amazon and they work great.

MaBelleVie

Post Tue, Dec 02 2014, 10:37 pm
How cheap are these off brand cartridges? I do the same and I still find them to be pricey.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Dec 03 2014, 9:18 am
I got a set of 5 color cartridges (we replace individual colors, not one cartridge for all color) for 9.99

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Dec 03 2014, 9:22 am
I am thinking of getting this though http://www.ebay.com/itm/Contin.....07753 which fits my model printer and therefore we can just refill as needed one color at a time.

I do see I overpaid for mine, I can get this! http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-PK-C.....3f828

Never mind, I got this instead: http://www.ebay.com/itm/301204940639 (that means 2x of replacing the ink for 6.34)

sky

Post Wed, Dec 03 2014, 9:30 am
I ordered these in March and still have 1/4 of the box left. We print tons of black and white (my kids coloring sheets daily) and color occasionally.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/produ.....psc=1

$17.99 for 10 cartridges (2 or each color, and 4 black) .

The cost of the authentic one is about $11 a cartridge.

EDIT: @HY you are correct. On EBAY: I can get 20 pack for $12.66 (4 of each color and 8 black)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/20PK-I.....320f2
That is amazing. Thanks.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars