Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
5 yr old dd complaining of vginal pain

amother

Post Tue, Dec 02 2014, 11:44 am
I do not suspect any abuse. Shes complaining of pain and not only when she uses the bathroom. She says it doesnt itch.

My guess us a uti, but she isnt going frequently at all. Actually its the opposit she sits on the potty and nothing comes out. She could be holding it...
No fever or other issues
Ideas?

Scrabble123

Post Tue, Dec 02 2014, 11:47 am
I think that the idea would be to contact your pediatrician. I'm sure he/she is open today, and can run a urine test to rule out a UTI.

Does she have a bike? That can irritate the area...

Simple1

Post Tue, Dec 02 2014, 11:49 am
Maybe a yeast infection? Or does that itch? Some kids can't differentiate between itching and pain. Have it checked out by the doctor.

amother

Post Tue, Dec 02 2014, 11:54 am
We have an apt later today, but its not her regular ped. And its a male, which im not so comfortable with. Just askimg to see if anyone has ideas.

ElTam

Post Tue, Dec 02 2014, 12:05 pm
Kids don't often wipe well. And if she's wiping back to front, that can cause infection.

Don't worry about it being a male doctor. You will be in the room with her the whole time. Plenty of women have male OB/GYNs.

I would wash the area very gently with baby soap and let her go around with a nightgown and no underwear a bit. If it's irritation from not-good wiping, that usually helps.

sky

Post Tue, Dec 02 2014, 12:14 pm
My 3 year old just had pain there. No itching. it ended up being a fungal rash.
I thought it was a UTI because she was really in pain and screaming at night and not wanting to use the bathroom. but the test came back negative.
Niastatin cream and lots of probiotics (I mixed the powder into apple sauce) really worked. I also put her to sleep with no PJ bottoms.

amother

Post Tue, Dec 02 2014, 1:32 pm
FTR, I have had UTI without being able to actually urinate. a little tiny bit would come out but it would be SO PAINFUL, before, during and after

amother

Post Tue, Dec 02 2014, 1:43 pm
If the pain is only at night, it could be pinworms. . . .

Scrabble123

Post Wed, Dec 03 2014, 10:21 am
OP, how is your daughter doing? What did the doctor say?
The answer may be useful to others.

Nomad

Post Wed, Dec 03 2014, 1:38 pm
My 4 year old daughter recently had pain when urinating too and "ouchiness" so I learned a lot about this. It could be: a UTI, Fungal rash (yeast infection), pinworms or just general irritation. Turned out she was just very irritated - possibly because of too much soap getting in the area. The Dr. told us to give her just a bath with water and a quarter cup of baking soda. This worked great. She also wears a diaper at night so the Dr. recommended some A&D and I also changed her in the middle of the night so she wouldn't be in a wet diaper for too long. BUT - I am no MD and would take her even to a male Dr. to check this out because you may need a prescription for something.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics