Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
URGENT: raw meat dilemma

amother

Post Wed, Dec 03 2014, 6:38 pm
Took ground beef/chicken mix out to defrost late last night, maybe around 12-1. It was about a pound, flattened in a plastic baggie for quick defrosting Rolling Eyes . Forgot to return to fridge. Husband put in fridge in morning, maybe around 8. I found it in fridge when I got home from work and made meatballs. Browned them first and then cooked boiling for about an hour. Then when they're ready and everyone's starving husband tells me he found the meat out and doesn't think it's OK to use. He says it was a little cool but mostly room temperature, but this was only after I grilled him and his story was not at all consistent, really I think he wasn't paying attention and had no idea.

Meatballs. Already made. Cooked thoroughly. Possibly with meat/chicken that was out too long. Yes or no???

mille

Post Wed, Dec 03 2014, 6:46 pm
When in doubt, throw it out.

Not sure if you've ever had food poisoning, but just in case you have been lucky: it is NOT worth it. At all. Food poisoning is really really awful. It's frustrating and super annoying to throw out food, but I would be weary especially because there was chicken in it, not just beef.

SRB

Post Wed, Dec 03 2014, 6:47 pm
I think it should be ok to eat. I sometime leave frozen things (meat) out over night to defrost. I wouldn't feed it to my baby tho, just in case.

sky

Post Wed, Dec 03 2014, 6:53 pm
I think it would be okay. I had meat on my counter for 5 hours yesterday, stuck it in the fridge. When I took it out this afternoon it was still somewhat frozen in the middle. I would think 8 hours is safe for a frozen block of meat.

MaBelleVie

Post Wed, Dec 03 2014, 7:22 pm
Definitely would not. Flattened ground beef defrosts in a couple of hours. After that it's just sitting at room temp.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen