Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Orlando with a baby

amother

Post Fri, Nov 21 2014, 11:29 am
I know there are many threads on Orlando. But I want help about attractions that can be enjoyed by a couple with an 8 month old baby. So rides in the parks are out.
What are some must-dos?
What should I be aware of that I cannot do or it's not worthwhile to go there with a baby?

So far I see Seaworld and Magic Kingdom. Are those baby-friendly? Would you reccomend something else?

pesek zman

Post Fri, Nov 21 2014, 11:43 am
I wouldn't bother going to Orlando with a baby that young. I'd wait till baby was about 2-3 form that trip, and go somewhere else in the meantime

MaBelleVie

Post Fri, Nov 21 2014, 11:56 am
You can definitely enjoy sea world with a baby. You won't have to pay admission for her anyway. Epcot is also a great park for adults and there are very few rides you wouldn't be able to bring the baby on. Magic kingdom is geared more toward kids so I'm not sure I would go with adults and an infant only.

momoftwo2

Post Fri, Nov 21 2014, 12:16 pm
We did Orlando w a 12 month old. Epcot was really doable w her. There is stroller parking outside all attractions and we took her in our hands. A baby carrier wudve made it so much easier. The next day we did Hollywood and decided to do it as a couple so we hired a sitter.

amother

Post Mon, Nov 24 2014, 8:01 pm
I would do Epcot (world showcase mainly- you can do the exhibits that are videos or maybe indoor boat rides if allowed) and also Animal Kingdom which is a very cool zoo. you can prob take baby on safari ride there

amother

Post Mon, Nov 24 2014, 11:05 pm
OP HERE>

I'm planning to bring along a baby carrier.

So you guys say no to Magic Kingdom?
And Epcot is a must-do?

THanks!

Where else should I go or not go?
Anyone heard of GatorLand?
What about the circus La Nouba - is it appropriate for dh to watch?
Does Seaworld take a full day?

amother

Post Thu, Dec 04 2014, 10:12 am
bump

amother

Post Tue, Dec 30 2014, 8:06 pm
what about universal studios? interesting to go with a baby or not?

MaBelleVie

Post Tue, Dec 30 2014, 8:12 pm
amother wrote:

Most attractions are not baby friendly at all so it would be a waste of money.

amother

Post Tue, Dec 30 2014, 8:34 pm
amother wrote:
There's universal studios florida and universal islands of adventure.

yidishmamma

Post Tue, Dec 30 2014, 9:04 pm
Couple of years ago we planned trip to Orlando and was gonna take along 8 month old baby. I called family member to discuss things with her and she offered to take the baby cuz she said can't go with baby to Orlando. He wasn't nursing anymore and sleeping thru nite so we left him .

UQT

Post Tue, Dec 30 2014, 9:36 pm
A lot of rides in magic kingdom can be seen with a baby on it. If you would like to enjoy a cutesy Disney experience magic kingdom is nice. Although I went with older kids I did enjoy it for myself. Having a child with you will slow you down but if this is a now or never trip, go for it!

amother

Post Tue, Dec 30 2014, 10:10 pm
yidishmamma wrote:
Couple of years ago we planned trip to Orlando and was gonna take along 8 month old baby. I called family member to discuss things with her and she offered to take the baby cuz she said can't go with baby to Orlando. He wasn't nursing anymore and sleeping thru nite so we left him .

not helpful for me cuz my baby IS coming. nothing to discuss there... Very Happy

amother

Post Tue, Dec 30 2014, 10:19 pm
UQT wrote:
A lot of rides in magic kingdom can be seen with a baby on it. If you would like to enjoy a cutesy Disney experience magic kingdom is nice. Although I went with older kids I did enjoy it for myself. Having a child with you will slow you down but if this is a now or never trip, go for it!

any special tips or recommendations for what to do or where to go in order to enjoy it more, since we're not being with kids (only a baby)?

amother

Post Fri, Jan 09 2015, 9:29 am
Ask about a child swap to switch off for rides that you can't take your baby. All parks have it. Like this, only one of you has to wait on line. The other holds the baby. When the first person comes off the ride, you ask for a child swap, hand it over to your spouse and the second person can go on without waiting on line.

amother

Post Fri, Jan 09 2015, 9:37 am
amother wrote:
any special tips or recommendations for what to do or where to go in order to enjoy it more, since we're not being with kids (only a baby)?

I have a baby the same age and really think you should reconsider. Is there a reason you're going to Orlando? Because the parks will be much more kdai for your dc in a few years.

amother

Post Tue, Jan 13 2015, 10:21 pm
amother wrote:
I have a baby the same age and really think you should reconsider. Is there a reason you're going to Orlando? Because the parks will be much more kdai for your dc in a few years.

I'm going for myself, not for my child. Smile

OMG!

Post Tue, Jan 13 2015, 10:46 pm
I went with my siblings and we all had babies!! All parks are so kids friendly with stroller ramps and everything... We loved it! Enjoy every minute!!!

mominlkwd

Post Tue, Jan 13 2015, 10:58 pm
I went a few times with baby through age 2 in a stroller - sea world is great for babies since there are a lot of shows and not as much walking since it's a smaller park.

We also went to wild Florida gator park- kids enjoyed it- it's about a 1/2 day type thing. They got to hold a baby gator.

Went to Disneyland with a 1 1/2 yr old and he stayed in the stroller and we switched off rides with older kids- a lot of the kid rides he was able to come on.

I'm surprised so many are against bringing your baby. We specifically go to orlando because we can do it with all the ages.

Hope that helps!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics