Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Swelling from mosquito bites

amother

Post Thu, Dec 04 2014, 1:55 pm
A couple of months ago, my 3 year old woke up with a swollen hand. I took her to the doctor, who said it was just a mosquito bite, He said the mosquito stayed too long on her and that's why it swelled up. It was itching her a lot. I got drops for her, and after a week it went away. It happened again with her foot - I went to the doctor again, and he told me that since it's not an 'angry red' and it's not getting worse, then it's fine. And then again with above her eye, cheek, chin, hand again. It does seem to be coming from mosquito bites - you can see the dot in there, and it itches her a lot. I started using a mosquito spray at night for her, and if I remember correctly, it didn't happen again. Now that it's been getting colder, I stopped using the spray because I haven't seen any mosquitos whatsoever. Yesterday she woke up with a swollen hand again.

I asked her gannenet about it and she said that some of her kids have had this happen before, and it indicates a small allergy.

Does anyone else have experience with this? If so, is there anything to do other than use mosquito spray the rest of their lives??

ElTam

Post Thu, Dec 04 2014, 1:57 pm
My daughter has this. I put Benadryl Gel on the bit during the day and give her a dose of Bendaryl at night before bed. It's usually gone in two days.

When it is mosquito season, she has mosquito repelling bracelets to wear (I order from Amazon.com).

It's definitely a greater allergy to the bite than the average person experiences. And it seems (from what I've learned from talking to other people) is that kids who get bit more develop more of these allergic reaction. What's the chicken and what's the egg? That I don't know.

amother

Post Thu, Dec 04 2014, 1:59 pm
ElTam wrote:
My daughter has this. I put Benadryl Gel on the bit during the day and give her a dose of Bendaryl at night before bed. It's usually gone in two days.

When it is mosquito season, she has mosquito repelling bracelets to wear (I order from Amazon.com).

Thanks so much! If it's not too much to ask, can you find me on amazon the bracelet you use? My family is coming in a few weeks so it would be good for me to order them now. I've never heard of these bracelets before - can they wear them at night too?

ElTam

Post Thu, Dec 04 2014, 2:04 pm
Here's the bracelets. Can be worn all day. http://www.amazon.com/gp/produ.....psc=1

For max coverage put on on one wrist, and on on the opposite ankle.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics