Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Speech therapy

amother

Post Thu, Dec 04 2014, 11:47 am
My son is eligible to receive speech sessions twice a week. He used to get it in school through an agency that had speech therapists on site. However they are telling me that there is no one available to work with him I should call the agency and see if they have someone on there site to work with him after school. I called and they do not have anyone that will accommodate my son's schedule. But they told me that if I find a therapist on my own who would work with my son through their agency I can start right away. After making some phone calls I found a therapist to work with but she only works through the board of ed and she told me if I have the RSA she can work with me. I do have the RSA. But in the mean time the agency called and left me a message to see in I found anyone yet. Do I have to call them back and tell them. I really do not want to have to if it's not necessary. Is there anyone that works in this field that can advise me. What would happen if I don't call them back and just do my own thing with this therapist. Why do I have to involve them?

#1 Mom

Post Thu, Dec 04 2014, 8:49 pm
Bump

imasinger

Post Thu, Dec 04 2014, 8:59 pm
Let me get this straight.

Agency says they have nobody, but if you find someone, they will have that person contract through them.

You find someone who can work with you without involving them at all.

They call, and want to know what's doing.

You might want to post what state you live in, in case rules change for different places.

I don't see why you have to do anything with the agency at all. I would definitely ask the school and this individual provider for their take on the situation, just in case.

monkey

Post Thu, Dec 04 2014, 9:03 pm
If you have the RSA you do NOT need to go through the agency!!! Youre lucky you were able to obtain a RSA-its very difficult to get one today especially in NY....so you have the liberty of finding your own speech therapist.

#1 Mom

Post Thu, Dec 04 2014, 9:20 pm
monkey wrote:
If you have the RSA you do NOT need to go through the agency!!! Youre lucky you were able to obtain a RSA-its very difficult to get one today especially in NY....so you have the liberty of finding your own speech therapist.

Do I have to follow up with them and let them know?

monkey

Post Thu, Dec 04 2014, 9:36 pm
#1 Mom wrote:
Do I have to follow up with them and let them know?

Technically-No. Out of menstchlechkeit you can let them know you found someone..or just wait for them to call you back and then you can notify them.

The agency would like you to go through them bc then they get money for it however chances are if you find a speech therapist willing to work after hours they will only want to work with a RSA vs agency bc theyll get more money that way
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children