Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
What Will Baby Need For Second Half of First Yr.?

luppamom

Post Sat, Dec 06 2014, 12:36 pm
I am a very stuck-in-the-moment person. Whatever the baby is currently lacking/having a problem w/, I try to get it. Ex. when baby was tiny, I loved those sleep n play sets. Then, I made sure to get her a bunch in bigger sizes, but now that baby is older (5 mos.) I use them only for PJs and I wish I would have gotten more outfits.
Now, I have a friend who is able to bring some stuff for me from the USA (I know Israel has almost e/t b"H, but I can save money this way and have the ease of just ordering it online). What types of things should I anticipate the baby needing-myself enjoying for the baby? Obviously nothing too bulky. This person has space but is doing me a favor.

smss

Post Sat, Dec 06 2014, 4:09 pm
how much space?
are you just talking clothes anyway?

a high chair for example will be much cheaper in the US, but takes up a lot of space...

clothes-wise I would say you need some warm undershirts and warmer pants/sweatshirts for the next few months, and then summery stuff already! depending on where in israel you live and if you have a/c or not even onesies/rompers might be enough for the summer!

miri36

Post Sat, Dec 06 2014, 5:30 pm
Some food serving items. Baby spoons, bibs etc.

mandr

Post Sat, Dec 06 2014, 5:59 pm
A convertible car seat (my baby outgrew his for the maximum height at about 11 months).

A booster high chair if a large full-size one isn't an option now.

Plastic bibs that don't come off when you pull them (closed in the back).

Baby spoons - not too many, I found that my baby quickly began using a regular teaspoon from my flatware set and got more in per bite than with a baby spoon.

Sunscreen if there will be sun exposure.

Advil, tylenol, teething tablets

A walker/pushing kind of toy

Bumper for crib (I never used it when he was younger because it poses a risk but lately we need it because otherwise all the pacifiers fall down or get thrown out!)

small umbrella stroller for quick outings or for the mall when you don't want to shlep a big one - useful after about 5 months when baby can sit.

Shopping cart liner - great for when baby starts sitting up front in the cart alone and you don't want his/her hands touching everyone else's germs.

overnight diapers became useful to us from about 5-8 months. Once he ate food and nursed a bit less at night, he didn't have soaking diapers anymore in the morning.

SingALong

Post Sat, Dec 06 2014, 6:00 pm
Leggings/sweatpants and tees, mix n match. My 8 month old currently lives in those. A couple of thicker sweaters and corduroy pants for days we go out. It's warm in my house so regular leggings are fine for indoors. A gazillion socks. Maybe those soft shoes that keep socks on. A hoodie for in between weather.

Btw when I'm in Israel I sometimes shop in fox baby. I like their tees, leggings and sweatpants. Basic colors. They also have socks. Everything fairly priced.
Zara also has a nice baby section but not as cheap.

youngishbear

Post Sat, Dec 06 2014, 8:23 pm
Practical colors onesies or leggings for crawling; jeggings work well, and denim for outdoors if you put him on concrete or sand.

Nonskid socks, or those soft shoes that have socks attached, for the cruising stage.

I love pacifier clips. Saves me from buying pacifiers by the dozen.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics