Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Switching From Blanket to Wearable Blanket

amother

Post Sat, Dec 06 2014, 4:58 pm
Does anyone have experience w/ switching a baby from a regular blanket to a wearable one? My baby WILL NOT sleep w/o a blanket. I would prefer to use a wearable blanket, but am not sure if she will sleep in it and I really don't want to spend the money if it's not going to be used. Does anyone have experience w/ this?

Rainbows613

Post Sat, Dec 06 2014, 5:56 pm
I know it says on the wearable blankets that it shouldn't be used with other blankets but I still swaddle my 7 months old twins in a cellular blanket and then put them in the wearable blanket..

smss

Post Sat, Dec 06 2014, 7:15 pm
do you mean your baby likes to hold the blanket? how old are they?
I personally would feel comfortable giving a small muslin blankie to a baby over 4-5 months. definitely NOT anything large or heavyweight though.

causemommysaid

Post Sat, Dec 06 2014, 7:55 pm
I tried a wearable one. didn't go over well.

Now I just do two sleepers instead.

amother

Post Sat, Dec 06 2014, 7:59 pm
What's a wearable blanket? I thought no blankets at all until 1 yo?

Happy18

Post Sat, Dec 06 2014, 9:36 pm
http://www.buybuybaby.com/stor.....+sack

amother

Post Sun, Dec 07 2014, 6:54 am
OP here. I know that it's better for babies to sleep in wearable blankets. I just have not been able to get one-not sold in Israel as far as I know. I tried putting her straight in the crib w/ nothing other than weather appropriate PJs. Baby would NOT sleep. Finally, I gave in and gave her the blanket and she was a different baby Smile Now, I have the opportunity to get wearble sleepers. I am just wondering if my baby will like them as she pretty clearly doesn't like the idea of just PJs even if they are warm.

What I am asking is if anyone has done this. Anyone switch a baby that used a blanket into a wearable blanket?

Miri7

Post Sun, Dec 07 2014, 8:37 am
My DD is 7 months and likes her cosy wearable blankets. She has fleece for cold winter months. She objects to
Footed pajamas but likes kicking her feet around inside the blanket. She also likes to touch and cuddle something soft so she has a fabric thing that's like a tiny blanket (one side silky one side plush) with a soft stuffed frogyy head. It's cute, small enough that I don't worry about choking, and she likes to stroke it as she goes to sleep.
Good luck!

aussie2

Post Sun, Dec 07 2014, 11:51 am
I would borrow one and try it out before investing in one.. I think you said u live in Israel. You can pm me I have a brand new one that didn't end up using that you could try out and buy if you like it.
let me know
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics