Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
What are the fees associated with buying a new house?
Previous  1  2

Post Wed, Nov 26 2014, 5:15 am
bookie wrote:
Afaik you are not allowed to remove mezuzos

You have to give the new residents time to get mezuzos. You can tennis them after a certain time. There are mezuzo gemachs to bridge the gap.

Post Wed, Nov 26 2014, 5:22 am
sky wrote:
If its Lakewood it is unlikely that you will be without a tenant for too long (but I did hear the market is shifting, someone who just put an apt on the market said for some reason now there are a bunch of apts advertised and the price went down slightly - but there is still a tremendous need and always will be)

Regarding a delinquent tenant - its always possible - but not so likely. If it does happen it is tough because most apartments are not legal so evicting is hard. (My friend was renting to a couple where the father in law was paying the rent, but wasn't paying. Couple refused to pay themselves. Then they got divorced and took time to move out and they were out almost a year rent).
I didn't see this was Jersey.

OP can go to Madison title's website and they will help her figure out title costs. Thew are additional title costs buying directly from a builder because it is in the contracts. If the market is a bit soft OP's attorney can shift them back to the builder where they properly belong.

Your bank can do a good faith estimate of mortgage closing costs which I have found to be more accurate than mortgage brokers. It will also give you the ability to shop around.

bookworm10

Post Sun, Dec 07 2014, 6:49 am
I see this topic is about 10 days old, but as a recent home-buyer, I agree with the OP.

Start putting a little savings away now, and go for it. If your parents are going to pay for the down payment, wow.

Our expenses were: Closing costs, taxes and home insurance (They might make you pay for a whole year in advance, which can be 2,000 or so), moving is expensive too.

We did no work at all, but still things do come up. Leaky refridgerators, etc. As long as you have some money in your budget and you can truly afford the mortgage, I would do it. Our rent was only increasing and I felt that we were flushing our money down the toilet.

Ruchel

Post Sun, Dec 07 2014, 11:32 am
Despite wtv they'll say about the state... expect it's a bit (at least) worse and some things will pop up. Heck it can even be broken in the move!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics