Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
If you visited argentina and/or rio, please open

yo'ma

Post Sun, Dec 07 2014, 6:50 pm
I know I live here, but this is not for me. My dd's teacher was thinking of coming here or/and rio for 9 days. He wanted to know what there is to do here, the whole country and can he do both, rio and argentina? I told him what I know about buenos aires because I haven't really been any place else, so I wasn't very helpful.

amother

Post Sun, Dec 07 2014, 7:30 pm
Hi, I am native from Argentina living in the U.S..Argentina is such a beautiful country with so much to see and do. RIO is known for its beaches. He can do both,how mmany days is he staying?

amother

Post Sun, Dec 07 2014, 7:33 pm
I am poster abovein nine days he can see buenos aires and maybe make a trip to iguazu or the south bariloche, usuahia.is this person frum?

yo'ma

Post Sun, Dec 07 2014, 8:05 pm
amother wrote:
I am poster abovein nine days he can see buenos aires and maybe make a trip to iguazu or the south bariloche, usuahia.is this person frum?

I said he'll be for 9 days and he is frum. I told him about iguazu and bariloche, but where is usuahia? Can he do rio and argentina? What's better, the north or south of argentina. I don't really get around too much with site seeing. When you lived here, did you?

amother

Post Sun, Dec 07 2014, 8:20 pm
Hi, if he is frum then he for sure.needs to choose places.that are kosher accessible. He has.plenty to do in Buenos aires, museums, puerto madero recoleta, tigre la boca, san telmo palermo el rosedal, casa rosada, cabildo, shoppings, kosher mc donalds and plenty of shuls in once, palermo, flores etc.
Look into jabad.org and check local jabad for location he want to visit
Id he goes to rio I guess iguazu is a great option and is on the way. Its gorgeous, he can see waterfalls, tropical climate.
The south is more mountains skiing lakes glaciers etc.

Check online turismo argentina

Peanut2

Post Sun, Dec 07 2014, 8:29 pm
Ushuaia is the southern tip of the continent, a city in Patagonia.

Argentina is beautiful. Just Buenos Aires you can spend forever in. Nine days is not a lot. I strongly recommend Igazue (have you been?) from which he can cross over to Brazil and go to Rio if he wants. Personally for a frum person Bariloche and traveling around there would be better IMO. Rio is beaches and city beaches at that, with lots of (beautiful) people. The frum community in Rio is very wonderful, though. Or at least were to me when I visited. Really amazing. I believe Bariloche now has a Chabad (they didn't when I was there), but I think going there is much more season dependent, as he should go there during your summer, not winter. But definitely the falls, which are one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen in my life.

yo'ma

Post Sun, Dec 07 2014, 8:38 pm
Peanut2 wrote:
Ushuaia is the southern tip of the continent, a city in Patagonia.

Argentina is beautiful. Just Buenos Aires you can spend forever in. Nine days is not a lot. I strongly recommend Igazue (have you been?) from which he can cross over to Brazil and go to Rio if he wants. Personally for a frum person Bariloche and traveling around there would be better IMO. Rio is beaches and city beaches at that, with lots of (beautiful) people. The frum community in Rio is very wonderful, though. Or at least were to me when I visited. Really amazing. I believe Bariloche now has a Chabad (they didn't when I was there), but I think going there is much more season dependent, as he should go there during your summer, not winter. But definitely the falls, which are one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen in my life.

Really?? We can never figure out what to do. We don't care for museums. Living in a place is not the same as visiting Wink .

Thank you all. I will pass it to him bl'n.

Peanut2

Post Sun, Dec 07 2014, 8:58 pm
Do you live in Once? I never did anything there except go to the mall or eat.
I was also much younger when I was there and without kids. It would be different with kids. Night life was absolutely crazy there and so late, and my kids go to bed at 7 pm.

It's been forever, but what about all the other areas? Recoleta, Palermo, San Telmo? If you don't like museums then that's tougher, because I do like museums. But just walking around these areas... People dancing on the street, lots of things outdoors, just absorbing life.

Is this teacher coming with kids? If so what ages?

yo'ma

Post Sun, Dec 07 2014, 9:02 pm
Peanut2 wrote:
Do you live in Once? I never did anything there except go to the mall or eat.
I was also much younger when I was there and without kids. It would be different with kids. Night life was absolutely crazy there and so late, and my kids go to bed at 7 pm.

It's been forever, but what about all the other areas? Recoleta, Palermo, San Telmo? If you don't like museums then that's tougher, because I do like museums. But just walking around these areas... People dancing on the street, lots of things outdoors, just absorbing life.

Is this teacher coming with kids? If so what ages?

Yes, I live in Once. My kids go to bed at a normal (american Wink ) time. Whenever I tell people what time my kids go to bed, they think I'm nuts.

He's not coming with children.

Sara89

Post Mon, Dec 08 2014, 12:57 am
We did both in one trip. Spent one Shabbos in BA and another in Rio. we also went to Iguassu and lots of other places....
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics