Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
To Invite or Not Invite?

amother

Post Mon, Dec 08 2014, 2:33 am
My friend's son is always making fun of other kids and is sort of a bully. My child does not want to invite this boy to the party, because he bullies everyone and I don't know how to handle this situation because I know the boy's mother.
Any ideas?

Dev80

Post Mon, Dec 08 2014, 2:56 am
Are they classmates, if not can you make it a party just for his class?
Is the mother aware that her son bullies/makes fun of your son? If so then she'd probably understand if he wouldn't be invited.

I would think a kid should feel safe at his own birthday party, it's not that he's saying 'this kid is a nerd I don't want him there' and therefore you should make sure he's included. This is the opposite, that he doesn't feel safe and doesn't want his guests terrorized.

Or, if you do need to invite him, can the other mother be a chaperone/helper at the party and can you ask her to look out for this?

amother

Post Mon, Dec 08 2014, 4:29 pm
The problem is that my child plays with the siblings. I don't know how to bring this up to the mother without hurting her feelings. But I agree, I shouldn't invite because everyone else is going to be uncomfortable and my child shouldn't be upset at the birthday party.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette